This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie (another one)

Yet another newbie.Just like to say hello to everyone.I ordered my astra vxr 3 wks ago.Hopefully get delivery sometime in May.Spec as follows:
    Red
    19" Alloys
    Cruise Control
    Climate Control
    Full Leather
    Xenons
    Cdc 40
    Smokers Pack
    Ids
    My current car is an Golf R32 which is a nice car but alot of problems.So i decided to opt for the Vxr.I keep wondering wether i've done the right thing.I know on paper the power outputs are about the same for each car,but the vxr is not 4 wheel drive.The vxr i test drove was quick and handled well.Could you all give me some positive feedback please on ownership of the Vxr and to convince me once and for all i've made the right choice of car.Tankyou all and what a great website.

I agree, i loved the VXR when i drove it, i just need a confidence boost to order before 12 tomorrow. I am looking at Arden blue with 19" alloys, CDC40, Climate Control and Xenons.
    I have been offered £1000 off the car and the 19" wheels thrown in. Does this sound like a good deal?
    Also what do you guys think the residuals will be like on the Astra VXR?
    Cheers

Comment

Welcome Rolling Thunder and welcome to the site hope you enjoy the site. Fell free to join us at the VXR day on Saturday if you want to see loads of stuff on the Astra.
      Just read the reports all over the site, I do not think you will be disappointeed. The car handles well the more you push it the more it surprises, even Gavin Kershaw (Lotus) was so happy with the car at the RING the could just not stop smiling. The acceleration just gets better the more you run it in. Personally I would have gone for 18's just for that bit better handling, but the 19's do have the look.
      As to the Libz79 , well have to say thats £1500 off so not bad. Can ayone on the site better the deal for Libz79?

Comment

I was offered £2K off a Black one with Sat Nav, Xenons and 19" wheels

Comment

Re: Newbie (another one)

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder
          Yet another newbie.Just like to say hello to everyone.I ordered my astra vxr 3 wks ago.Hopefully get delivery sometime in May.Spec as follows:
          Red
          19" Alloys
          Cruise Control
          Climate Control
          Full Leather
          Xenons
          Cdc 40
          Smokers Pack
          Ids
          My current car is an Golf R32 which is a nice car but alot of problems.So i decided to opt for the Vxr.I keep wondering wether i've done the right thing.I know on paper the power outputs are about the same for each car,but the vxr is not 4 wheel drive.The vxr i test drove was quick and handled well.Could you all give me some positive feedback please on ownership of the Vxr and to convince me once and for all i've made the right choice of car.Tankyou all and what a great website.
          Amongst my cars Ive had an R32. From a performance point of view I prefer the VXR. One thing I never liked on the R32 was its mid range performance - a bit all mouth and no trousers. Ive had loads of Scoobies, couple of S3's, RS4 and the R32 with 4wd and I'm not really missing it in the VXR - sure I'm on the wrong side of 40 and dont do traffic light GP's that often
          The only thing I think you might miss is the exhaust note. Even with Miltek fitted the VXR cant touch the R32 IMHO.
          Dont worry youve made a good choice of car. It will take a little time to learn its limits and drive it very fast, but its worth it.
          Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Libz79
            I agree, i loved the VXR when i drove it, i just need a confidence boost to order before 12 tomorrow. I am looking at Arden blue with 19" alloys, CDC40, Climate Control and Xenons.
            I have been offered £1000 off the car and the 19" wheels thrown in. Does this sound like a good deal?
            Also what do you guys think the residuals will be like on the Astra VXR?
            Cheers
            You should get closer to £2k off that spec. www.autobytel.co.uk
            Residual wise, I think the car will be close to the LCR. At three years worth around 10-11k depending on spec in a private sale. So pretty good.
            Jonathan

Comment

Go for it mate i was in the same position ,i had high power golfs for about 4years then i switched to type R for 2years now i have my VXR witch has have now done 2500 miles i think its an excellent drive well

Comment

Thanks for all the positive replys everyone.I can now rest assured that i have made the right choice of car to replace my R32.With your input and talking to a few other people aswell about the VXR i just can't wait to take delivery of it now.
                Once again thankyou all.
                "Happy Days"

Comment

I got a great deal by the sound of it, 2500 off , fully loaded, only thing didnt get smokers pack. its good to have family who worked for vauxhall . initially dealer offered 10%, but got a little more when wanted all the extras. ordered in jan pick up april 29, cant wait.
                  Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Working...
                  X