Stage 3 exghaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 3 exghaust

I know this has been asked before but can't get older posts on subject to load up, but my 3inch sports cat and 2.5inch exghaust be OK for stage 3, what figures would I be looking at

Thanks

It will work no doubt but you won't get the same power as the full 3 inch system

A rough ballpark I'd hazard a guess at 275 to 290 but it will vary depending on your tuner each setup is different and each rolling road is different

And it depends largely on your supporting mods what fmic your running enlarged top hat etc

An open cone filter will give you more on the rolling road with the bonnet up

But with the bonnet down after a long drive and once the heat soak has set in you will probably lose power

That's why I'm sticking with the cdti airbox for my stage 3 with rnd motorsport on October 4th

Granted I will probably get a bit less power on the rolling road but it will probably stay closer to the rollers figure on the road after a long drive

Way I see it if you get 300bhp on the rollers with the cone you will probably be in the 280's once the heat soak sets in after long drive

Just my two cents bro for what's its worth

2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Andyb712 View Post
      It will work no doubt but you won't get the same power as the full 3 inch system

A rough ballpark I'd hazard a guess at 275 to 290 but it will vary depending on your tuner each setup is different and each rolling road is different

And it depends largely on your supporting mods what fmic your running enlarged top hat etc

An open cone filter will give you more on the rolling road with the bonnet up

But with the bonnet down after a long drive and once the heat soak has set in you will probably lose power

That's why I'm sticking with the cdti airbox for my stage 3 with rnd motorsport on October 4th

Granted I will probably get a bit less power on the rolling road but it will probably stay closer to the rollers figure on the road after a long drive

Way I see it if you get 300bhp on the rollers with the cone you will probably be in the 280's once the heat soak sets in after long drive

Just my two cents bro for what's its worth
      Cheers mate for reply

Comment

Originally posted by marko1973 View Post
        I know this has been asked before but can't get older posts on subject to load up, but my 3inch sports cat and 2.5inch exghaust be OK for stage 3, what figures would I be looking at

Thanks
        I assume you have a 3" down pipe with sport cat going into an aftermarket 2.5" cat back system?
        if you've got a decent fmic, a cross delete and cone filter, a healthy engine, turbo, actuator and recirculation valve, no boost leaks then you'll likely see over 300bhp when remapped by a known trusted vxr tuner using a rolling road.

The topic of heat soak by Andyb seems a little odd? He seems to totally forget that any intake air passes through a hot turbo and the same air is compressed which also produces heat then fired out through the intercooler, this is what cools the pressured air before it enters the intake system.......for his information...the CDTi airbox has been proven time and again, repeatedly over the years to be up to a 20bhp restrictor when the car is being remapped!!

Comment

Yes the heatsoak myth got despelled a while ago when extensive testing was done. The thread is somewhere on here but it's quite a few years ago now so God knows where. The cones make better increases but not everyone likes the noise.

and you'll not normally see exactly 300 and above for stage 3. 290 is usually a more realistic figure, but a full 3 system will get the biggest number gain. Although in real world terms the difference would not be noticeable between 290 and 300. Just pub talk one upsmamship. Then somebody will pop up with his Golf R and brag about how he got a 75 hp increase just for a remap
          W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtydave View Post

I assume you have a 3" down pipe with sport cat going into an aftermarket 2.5" cat back system?
            if you've got a decent fmic, a cross delete and cone filter, a healthy engine, turbo, actuator and recirculation valve, no boost leaks then you'll likely see over 300bhp when remapped by a known trusted vxr tuner using a rolling road.

The topic of heat soak by Andyb seems a little odd? He seems to totally forget that any intake air passes through a hot turbo and the same air is compressed which also produces heat then fired out through the intercooler, this is what cools the pressured air before it enters the intake system.......for his information...the CDTi airbox has been proven time and again, repeatedly over the years to be up to a 20bhp restrictor when the car is being remapped!!
            Ive 3inch downpipe to a 2.5inch milteck, got airtec intercooler Cross over delete with cone filter and just ordered actuator off ebay, it's a Turbosmart one, will I defently need a recirc valve, engines only got 50000 on clock so I would like to think its still healthy

Comment

I wouldn't bother with a recirc until (if) it fails, mines still on the original after almost 11 years and 70k tuned miles

Comment

20191004_195144.jpg
                Originally posted by Dirtydave View Post

Would you care to explain this then to me please Dave?

Your telling me with a bog standard non hybrid gm turbo and no klassen/Eds inlet manifold or uprated actuator etc etc

Your saying I would have made 324 Bhp with a cone filter vs my cdti box?

Will himself at rnd said him and all the lads were truly shocked how much power it made with the cdti box

They opened it up to have a look at the modifications I made to the box and the beesons larger cold feed attached it

They said it might actually be the way to make the cdti box work and work good but they would have to test it themselves on some other cars to be sure

Will said the only thing holding back it was actually the standard borgwarner actuator reckons it would have made more with a turbosmart actuator

See pic above for my figures from earlier today
                Last edited by Andyb712; 4 October 2019, 08:09 PM.
                2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Comment

Working...
                X