Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk actuator's

Hi guys I recently bought my first vxr and loving it
    I've always wanted one but always had older Vauxhall's then went for a jao fix and now back to vauxhall

Anyway kinda went of track I'm looking at upgrading my actuator and recirc valve but unsure if I should have 10psi or 14psi

Thanks Alec

Any reason why you want to change? If you're standard one is fine it's virtually pointless.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Just fitted a recon turbo so It should be all good but I'm going to be upping the power after the new year so just getting a heads up so too speak

Comment

Lets talk Actuators- what do they actually do? Mine works fine but is nasty rust looking colour.

Comment

Have you fitted a complete recon turbo unit, including manifold, actuator, recirculation valve.....meaning a direct swap bolt on complete......or have you merely replaced the turbo core, retaining the original manifold, compressor housing, recirc valve and actuator??

With the supporting mods you can easily achieve stage 3, over 300bhp power using the standard actuator.......the plastic recirc valve if original can split and fail however a new plastic one will work perfectly fine.

the online posts across forums and facebook seem to suggest you need to upgrade both items to achieve higher power with a remap......but everyone forgets these cars are 10+ years old and the parts are also aged and worn out!! Unless your going for huge power you'll not see a benefit of fitting branded parts as suggested when new standard parts will perform just as well for a quarter of the price!!!

Comment

Completely recon unit apart from recir valve

Comment

By the sounds of things then mate you have a perfectly capable oem actuator, so my 2 cents would be to leave it alone. It'll run anything you'll want it to run with the oe turbo setup.
              W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                By the sounds of things then mate you have a perfectly capable oem actuator, so my 2 cents would be to leave it alone. It'll run anything you'll want it to run with the oe turbo setup.
                Perfect thanks mate just here you had to change them too up the power would rather stay oem until I have to change

Comment

Working...
                X