Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another strange noise that I could use some help with

Hi all,
    thanks for the responses top my previous topics.
    I have recently starting hearing a strange grinding noise coming from what I presume to be underneath the car.
    It can be heard from the passenger footwell area / centre console area.
    It happens when driving slowly in first or second gear and gently applying the accelerator.
    It also happens to a far lesser extent when the gears are disengaged and the car is slowly rolling but it seems a lot more noticeable when in gear and gently pushing on and off the accelerator.
    I don't need to be turning the wheels or anything, it will happen in a straight line.
    I've attached a video for reference if anyone could offer any guidance?
    I'm thinking it may be driveshaft or diff related.
    Recently, i've had a new air con compressor fitted and the exhaust re-mounted due to it knocking off the rear bumper but I don't think these will be related to the noise I am hearing now.
    https://youtu.be/T122sAR0Q8I

Hi all,
    just in case anyone else ever has this issue, it seems to be related to the exhaust rattling. It’s booked in today to be fixed so I’ll let you know what the outcome is should anyone else ever have the issue in the future.

Comment

How did you get on with this?
      Opel Astra Burg #686, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, Whiteline adjustable rear anti roll bar, Turbo smart actuator & recirculation valve, Brembo 4 pot brakes, DNA Performance FMIC, Enlarged top hat & pipework, 3" Turbo back stainless exhaust, 6k AFL's, Smoked side repeaters, Silvatec indicator lamps, Heko wind deflectors, Insignia washer jets, Crossover delete, Piper cross cone filter, SM Tuning Stage 3 - 300BHP / 310ftlb Torque.

Comment

Working...
      X