New engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New engine

Hi there some info needed, my engine which is standard blew a hole in the side of engine yesterday so after a new engine, the engine I have in now only had 50k on clock so why would it blow a hole in side, it was due for a remap for stage 3 mods would this have caused it has I had been driving it with mods without mapping for 4 months, I don't drape it everywere and always warm it up properly, anyone know that delivers we're I can get a new built engine from

Something has made it run lean

Comment

It could have been a number of things that caused it to fail, without stripping it and having a good look you won't know.
      Among the options are..
      **** happens, a tiny flaw that's been in the rod since manufacture finally gave.
      Detonation, the repeated hammering effect can cause the rod to fail.
      lean running, causes the piston to seize and the rod snaps..
      lubrication problem, causes the bearing to seize and snap the rod.

Comment

Would running stage 3 mods without having remap of caused it, always have used shell v power as well

Comment

Would running lean bring up a warnining light

Comment

Standard engine seems odd but there seems alot of people are having head gasket problems, when I was using mine daily 250 miles a week I was using normal unleaded but keep revs under 3 grand and I was in 6 gear 90 percent

Comment

Originally posted by vxr76 View Post
              Standard engine seems odd but there seems alot of people are having head gasket problems, when I was using mine daily 250 miles a week I was using normal unleaded but keep revs under 3 grand and I was in 6 gear 90 percent
              Hi mate, when you was on about using yours daily and keeping revs under 3000 what was that for or did you have a problem

Comment

No it was to try to eliminate engine problems less strain on engine

Comment

Working...
                X