Fans on constantly!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans on constantly!!!

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I've searched the forums and seen people have had the same issue as myself but there hasnt been a difinitive solution.

I've got a standard 58 plate Astra VXR and she has been good as gold for 11 years all of a sudden the aircon and cooling fans come on full whack constantly and the engine management light came on, in the settings menu the temperature is constant 73 degrees, both fans also come on with the ignition.

I took it into a local mechanic who checked error codes and it pointed to the coolant temperature sensor which he replaced reset the codes and all was good for a couple of days then the problem returned, he changed it for another in case it was faulty and the same thing happened was good for a couple of days and all of a sudden it happened again.

I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment and so is he I think, I see a few posts where people have had the same problem where this issue happens again and again but none have what they did to resolve it.

If there is anyone one out there that has had this issue and found the solution please could you let me know.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Working...
X