nurburgring boot decals help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nurburgring boot decals help

afternoon all ive just had my astra vxr nurburgring all repainted im after some advise ,
    i know you cant buy the boot decal any more but brought 2 sets of the bonnet decals hoping i can use part of it for the boot any one else done this pictures be great
    pr06vxr Courtney sport stage 4

As far as I'm aware they are available to buy as a full set.

As for using the bonnet decals on the rear, I would say no as the size is obv a major difference. Then again you could tailor it down, but it would probs look "hcip shop" imo.
    Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

Comment

I think I may have the last boot decal in the UK - got it sitting in the house waiting to go on. I was thinking about getting a vinyl company to scan it in so copies could be made?

Comment

I would be interested mate could I have number of your local Vauxhall dealer as call mine to day said they can’t do them send it to my mobile if you like tho WhatsApp are send you some pictures of my burg it’s looking like new just stuck on the boot decal thanks Pete

Comment

No probs - here is the number for the parts department: 01506 871297

It was about 4 months ago that I called them, so hopefully they still have it!

Comment

yea gave them a call but no joy thank u tho

Comment

ive spoke to dmb.uk.com said they could copy them but will need a set to copy for size and fade out if any one is up for it thanks pete

Comment

Originally posted by beaver turbo View Post
                ive spoke to dmb.uk.com said they could copy them but will need a set to copy for size and fade out if any one is up for it thanks pete
                Maybe hit these up tye_time and see what he can come up with?

Comment

No probs - I will query the local company near to me and see what he can do. I don't really want to send it away with the chance of it getting lost/damaged, etc.

Edit: I'm going to the company next Friday, so if anone other than Matt and Beaver want's a boot decal let me know and I can get a list drawn up. I don't think it will cost much, and then I can send them on to whoever needs them for cost price and however much it is to post them!
                  Last edited by tye_time; 28 February 2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Right guys - so I don't have good news unfortunately...

Because the decals are screen printed there is no way to make an exact match using the normal vinly printing method. He could attempt to make something that looks similar, but it would mean taking off all the backing tape on the last one I have and this might ruin it for using it again, so I'm not going to take that risk.

There must be someone at Vauxhall that would have the templates for them?

Comment

Working...
                    X