Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astra H VXR with Astra J turbine housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra H VXR with Astra J turbine housing?

so what ive hear the astra J is a K04 right? would the turbo exhaust housing then fit the Astra H k04? with it having a flange to manifold im presuming it should be fairly easy then to have a custom tubular manifold for the K04, for more top end as dont want to sacrifice the quicker spool compared to a K06 but also reaping the benefits of a twinscroll turbo. i already have turborebuilds uprated core with 360 thrust bearing and 11 blade billet compressor wheel (its not a k06 hybrid) im guessing no one has done it before but then again why would they, im just weird lol. i know klasen has just released their new manifold (link at the bottom) but its not a tubular one and the runs are short so cant be reaping the benefits of exhaust scaverging. also for £800 for 30 bhp gains seems abit excessive lol. i saw krs has made a k04 hybrid using a moddified Astra J turbo core but are still using the Astra H manifold and got 370 Bhp (link at the bottome) so i guess my ultimate question is, would it work and with my uprated core and potentially a tubular manifold do you think 400 bhp is acheivable? would be funny to say running 400 on a K04 astra H

https://www.facebook.com/CourtenaySp...58484347880937

bhp https://www.facebook.com/14260206710...3520103280255/

Not necessarily, k04 Is a generic size/range so there's no guarantee the turbine wheels or housings would be interchangeable.

Comment

No idea but welcome to the forum, and sounds good what your thinking. let us know how you get on. and feel free to come back anytime

Comment

That is 30 BHP using stock k04 core with the new klassen manifold

If you used a hybrid core such as your gtx or a k06 the gains would most likely be a lot more substantial
        2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Comment

This is the manifold I am going to fit after xmas to match my hybrid ko6 but I need to get forged aswell then I can expect 360+ bhp .
          stage 3

Comment

Working...
          X