X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another astra vxr on its way

HI EVERYONE
    I'M ANOTHER ONE WAITING FOR THEIR ARDEN BLUE VXR AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
    I HAVEN'T BOUGHT NEW , IT'S 2 MONTHS OLD AND UNFORTUNATELY I STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR 3 WEEKS.I AM P/X'ING MY 2000 VECTRA GSI HATCH AND OBVIOUSLY ALOT OF CASH FOR THE ASTRA. IT IS COMING WITH -
    IDS+
    19" ALLOYS
    SAT NAV
    CLIMATE
    CRUISE
    ADAPTIVE FORWARD XENON LIGHTS
    FULL BLACK LEATHER
    PARKING SENSORS (FOR THE WIFE!!)
    ANYWAY JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU LUCKY PEOPLE THAT ARE ALREADY DRIVING ROUND IN ONE. IS THE SAT NAV SYSTEM ANY GOOD AND IS THE ADAPTIVE FORWARD LIGHTING VERY BENEFICIAL?

Welcome to the site and excellent about the car. Hope you will be very happy.

Comment

Sounds a really nice specification. Some of the dealer demo cars were certainly well specced.

Comment

Hi, got sat nav on mine but have not used it to any extent,dont think the graphics are as good as a tomtom as the street names are hard to read. I hope its not like some systems that tell you to turn just as you go past the turning! The afl was awesome on full beam but poor on dip to start with because the beam cut off is so sharp that its like daylight for 30 feet and pitch black beyond that. At the workshop the aim was found to be correct but I cranked them right up to half a degree........ now they are superb on dip and full and nobody flashes me to say they are being dazzled

Comment

THANKS FOR THAT.
          IT SOUNDS LIKE THE AFL WAS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY THEN?
          AS FOR THE SAT NAV , IF IT TELLS ME TO TURN BEFORE I GET TO THE JUNCTION LIKE YOU SAY THEN I'LL BE HAPPY.
          JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT PICK IT UP. 3 WEEKS AND COUNTING!!

Comment

On those rare occasions when you can use full beam on a twisty road they are superb as they steer with the bends. Just a pity you have to pay for the wash system that I think is a waste of weight

Comment

Couple of things
              AFL/Xenons need the wash system as the build up of dirt on the lense would cause excessive heat to build up and then a v expensive bill for new discharge units etc....
              The Sat Nav in the Vauxhalls was voted best in a test by AutoExpress and no it doesn't go 'turn left' as you whizz past the turning!
              Have fun
              Stu

Comment

i will second Stu on the cdc70 sat nav, its a great bit of kit and is much more accurate than the aftermarket suction to your windscreen units on the market, great functions and easy to use, i have had 2 now, one in my previous astra H SRi and again in my VXR.

Comment

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT GUYS.
                  THIS IS A GREAT SITE FOR CLEARING UP ANY DOUBTS AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS.
                  NOW I'LL JUST CARRY ON WITH THE AGONISING WAIT!!
                  CHEERS

Comment

Sorry I will disagree, I much preferred my old tomtom 700 over the cd70, the recalculate route only allows up to 30 mile detours and seems to calculate the same route again and again, haven't found anyway to set 'go via' places, doesn't seem to be a way to show 'journey time remaining' or 'estimated arrival time', no 3d view, no touch screen and most important of all.. no John Cleese voice!!

Comment

go into setting mate and all those functions can be set and changed, est arrival time, differnet types of routes etc etc etc, once your use to all its functions its easy

Comment

I think you use the tours selection to go via places you want, the eta and distance remaining just needs a push of the info button ..... it even gives you the altitude

Comment

Working...
                        X