This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights

Could anyone explain to me the difference between Bi-Xenons & Xenons please.The reason i ask is i've ordered my new vxr with the Bi-Xenons as one of the options.My current car an R32 has normal Xenons .Please forgive me for being a thicko on this subject.Thanks for your help. :|

Well i had Xenons on my Focus and couldnt see any noticeable difference between the two mate, one thing I am impressed with is that Vauxhall have managed to do what Ford couldnt and apapt the Xenon lighting in with the AFL moving headlights like we have on the VXR - top product!

Comment

Yeah, i was wondering wether the main beam was xenon aswell Jon,or it was normal halogen bulb, hence Bi-Xenon.

Comment

Xenons are usually on the dipped beam and I'd say Bi Xenon also include the full beam.
        sigpic

Comment

Nope - the full beams are just the normal Halogen bulbs which look very crap and yellowy next to the crisp white light of the Xenon dipped beams.
          However this can and will be cured in my case cos I will be taking a trip to the local motorfactor tomorrow and getting a pair of Osram Silverstar bulbs to replace the mainbeam bulbs - alot brighter and whiter and while I'm at it some Prism LED sidelight bulbs in white to complement the Xenons - about £7 and they last a year but cosmetically worth it!!!
          Anyone about to tell me what H number the main beam bulbs are???

Comment

So why do vauxhall list options as follows : Adaptive Forward Lighting(AFL) incorporating BI-XENON headlights with dynamic beam levelling and high pressure washers.
            Answers anyone ?

Comment

Ok guys have a look on here.This fella explains the difference of Xenons & Bi-Xenons.
              http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...sp?tid=1248761

Comment

Well I removed one of my full (main) beam bulbs earlier with a view to replacing it with a better brighter aftermarket bulb and found that its just a standard H7 Halogen Bulb. So my interpretation of the Xenon aspect is, that its limited to just dipped beam with the halogen H7 serving as the full (main) beam bulb :?

Comment

I'd be interested to here what the mothership has to say on this subject.I know you're out there somewhere.

Comment

The xenon dip beam has a mask over the bulb to cut the light above the dip height, when you go on full beam the mask moves out of the way plus you get the long range halogens for distance. I think they are damn good as they are and dont need new bulbs! Unless they are set too low like mine were to start with?

Comment

Although ive seen the bi-xenons on multiple vxrs i have never seen high pressure washers. Are they colour coded to the bumper and does anyone have any images of them ?
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

They pop out of the bumper when you wash the screen and the lights are on. If you look at all the bumpers they have cut out section and when you get Xenon's this moves out and the washers are behind. These sections are flush, unlike those fitted to the Vectra, which are raised.

Comment

Very James Bond
                          HeavenlyDetail
                          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I think this article explains it well (last paragraph)
                            http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...868194,00.html

Comment

Working...
                            X