This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after market security

Hi there as some of you may know i had my pride and joy stolen last week, looks like the insurance are on the case and are going to order me a new replacement.
    So basically im a bit concerned about some other scum bag having a go at my new one ,can any one here point me in the right direction on added security?
    your advice would be much appreciated.
    many thanks
    jay

Tracker Echo...needs a second smart card present which remains with the driver.
    sigpic

Comment

I have had a car stolen in the past and it was the one car I did not have a clifford on! I reccomend one of the higher models like a concept 650, or an intelliguard. Your looking at about £500 installed. They are thacham cat 1 and include usefuls like, anti tilt sensors, a dual proximity zone so if someone goes too near the car it buzzes at them, and a self powered siren so even if they rip the siren out it still sounds. I have had about 6 of them now and always been pleased. no false alarming and as they are after factory they are not all installed the sameway on each car (making it harder for thieves to crack). I suppose it depends what you want to spend, a tracker is a good idea but don't know so much about them or what they cost.
      www.clifford.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
        I have had a car stolen in the past and it was the one car I did not have a clifford on! I reccomend one of the higher models like a concept 650, or an intelliguard. Your looking at about £500 installed. They are thacham cat 1 and include usefuls like, anti tilt sensors, a dual proximity zone so if someone goes too near the car it buzzes at them, and a self powered siren so even if they rip the siren out it still sounds. I have had about 6 of them now and always been pleased. no false alarming and as they are after factory they are not all installed the sameway on each car (making it harder for thieves to crack). I suppose it depends what you want to spend, a tracker is a good idea but don't know so much about them or what they cost.
        www.clifford.co.uk
        Hi,
        Aware a couple of guys have tried to have the Clifford 950 fitted to their VXRs (as I was considering) but the installation companies both spent hours pulling them around before they discovered the wiring systems were incompatible. I would just confirm that whoever you pick to install them has successfully completed a VXR?
        The standard system on the VXR is a 5-star rated Thatcham CAT1.
        The Police advice I was given was to buy a full coverage steering wheel lock and that will stop the vast majority of attempts and (off the record!) to get full Vehicle Replacment Insurance for first 3 years.
        Because basically if they want the car after that they will get it no matter what you fit was their experience - even if it means breaking in your house and stealing your keys and your 950 remote!
        Higher spec trackers are ok (that work even if car left underground/tunnel etc) but not sure I want the car back if its been abused being stolen and escaping (? lol ?) a Police Imprezza ?
        Not great news is it.
        mark
        sigpic

Comment

To be honest guys i understand the talk of clifford alarms and the like but was the originalcase of theft not the fact that they broke into your house and stole the keys which would make any kind of aftermarket security fairly redundant regardless of how good it is

Comment

Originally posted by mp1
            To be honest guys i understand the talk of clifford alarms and the like but was the originalcase of theft not the fact that they broke into your house and stole the keys which would make any kind of aftermarket security fairly redundant regardless of how good it is
            yeah the original case was that x
            so more security on your house would be a better option, and do what i do, sleep with ur keys with u, i dont trust anyone,lol x

Comment

I spoke to a local installer about the cliffords and they said it can be a problem on the new astras but (for me anyway) would want to have a look.
              As for the stealing your keys thing, if you are able to get one fitted and it has blackjax on it they cannot get far even with your keys and fob as they need to put a security code in. At the end of the day though, as was said above, if they want it enough they will get it!

Comment

you can sleep with keys but how far would a low life go if he wants your car?
                would they come upstairs?
                for me my family is more important than any car
                also they are that brazen nowadays theyll just take it in the street
                all im trying to do is make it as hard as possible for them to take so it looks like tracker being fitted i aint bothered about getting my car back i just want the people that took it caught and dealt with

Comment

Clifford Fitments

Clifford alarms can be fitted to a VXR. I have a Concept 650 fitted to mine. I had only one problem which still to this day i believe was a problem with the car and not the alarm. The standard fit alarm has been critised from day one for giving off false alarms and not working properly. People having these problems have gone back to the dealer and they have not known how to sort the problems and just replaced the whole system with a Vauxhall produced META Alarm. When i had my Clifford fitted, a week later the interior light came on and stayed on permanantly. Vauxhall had the car for three days and got Technical to have a look at it. It had the same symptoms as the other cars with the problems with there alarms but as i had the Clifford fitted they blamed that to save having to spend there own money on changing my alarm. They reset the electris and it cured the problem only for it to happen again a week later. I could not take it back to Vauxhall as they said they would just change the interior light module and charge me as the clifford was to blame so warranty wouldnt cover it. I took it back to the people that fitted the Clifford and they spent 45 minutes sorting out the wiring and found a slight fault in the wiring that was blowing the module. Since then i have had no problems.. Vauxhall were rubbish, Clifford fitter saved the day............
                  But due to the Car Bus wiring system the doors cannot be opened by the alarm. And also because the front adaptive forward lights are sealed units the front indicators cannot be made to flash when arming and disarming the alarm, so my front fogs flash instead which looks the t!ts............

Comment

Re: Clifford Fitments

Originally posted by MikeanicVXR
                    Clifford alarms can be fitted to a VXR. I have a Concept 650 fitted to mine.
                    Hi mate,
                    The install problem is specific to the Clifford Intelliguard 950.
                    sigpic

Comment

How much was the clifford concept 650 mate fully fitted? and did they come to your house to fit it or was it a local garage?
                      Cheers
                      STEALTH

Comment

Sorry for taking so long to reply. It was fitted by a company call Incar Electrics in Enfield. They Quoted me £450.00 Fitted and i have been taking my cars there for a long time. And after they had fitted it, they said it was such a nightmare fitting it that they would charge the next person about £650 to fit it. Its so hard to install due to the fuse box in the back and the really aukward wiring.... but if you have one fitted and it a first time for the people fitting post it on here and i will list all the things they have to sort out.....

Comment

When fitting an alarm to a new astra you must us a CANBUS UNIT which sorts out the new age electrics and can not damage the cars electronics.
                          I cant see the the need to put another alarm on it, If you want to upgrade the security fit some sort of tracker.

Comment

Yes you are correct about the canbus interface. But so far Clifford have only developed the interface for volkswagons.
                            We are still waiting for the vauxhall interface to be made.
                            Also in answer to why you cant see why to fit another alarm. You dont live in Enfield....... Its like a mini Bronx. The vauxhall alarm will not be enough to deter the thieving buggers that live around whilst they seem to have a real fear for Cliffords....... I dont know why but none of mine or my mates cars that have Cliffords on them have been touched over the years. Others that i have owned without them have been broken into on numerous occasions.... It may be just a coincidence but if it stops the VXR getting broken into then so be it.........
                            Also its all well and good having a tracker fitted but by the time you activate it the damage has been done and the car has gone.... Also there is no need to activate the tracker if the car is still outside your house cos all they wanted was the aftermarket stereo you have fitted. Or the new Oakley glasses you have sitting on the seat or anything else some people are stupid enough to leave in view. At least with the clifford or any alarm it gives you the chance to go out there and break there legs as the bells all go off.

Comment

Working...
                            X