X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav Questions

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the sat nav takes a six digit postcode, or is it four like most portable units?
    Also is it possible to get a "safety camera" database loaded?
    Thanks.

Hi,
    The Factory fit CDC70 does use 6 figure post codes but it cannot use an aftermarket speed camera database.
    HTH
    mark
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mark, 6 figure postcode is good to have, shame about the speed cameras, just have to keep an eye out for them!
      Adam.

Comment

Bear with us, as we haven't got a manual with our Astra.
        On the subject of Sat Nav, I had the map view on screen, and it appeared to show a roadworks symbol in our town -does anybody know how accurate these things are, and how often is it updated - and how ?

Comment

I have found them to be fairly accurate, especially when the system re-routed me due to delays.

Comment

updates i believe are transmitted through radio frequency

Comment

Unless some one wants to correct me , I am sure the TMC (as Aussie says) updates the info ,but I am not sure all radio stations have TMC applied. Anyone know different.? I think Classic FM does so guess you could get it national, not that I listen to it mtyself, although I undertsnad it is the most listened to radio station.

Comment

factory fitted sat nav is fine with town, street and house number.
                postcode not required. you then can access last 30 used addresses in memory. As for cameras try B2 origin which I had fitted for a vxr customer. like many systems it detects 'safety cameras' and indicates your speed v legal speed and these systems usually sit discreetly somewhere around the dash.

Comment

I had the origin B2 solo fitted with laser and radar detector and I'm more than happy with it, not cheap but should keep you out of trouble!

Comment

Working...
                  X