This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of changing

i currently own a mk4 r32 , i have remapped, new stereo, colour change wheels etc its silver

but i was thinking of a change i currently run @240bhp am i gonna be amazed by a diff in acceleration etc or are they pretty similar as never met one at lights lol.

in the r32 the interior is nice but was wondering wat the thoughts on the vxr interior are ?

do 19" impare your driving are 18" better?
    etc etc if anyone has owned both a comparison wud be awesome ty lads

19s look best, but on 35profile ride is crap when going over a bump or cats eye like hitting a brick in the road, i wouldnt change them tho.

astra vxr compared to a r32, well for a start there so much you can do to a vxr, so easy to tune up. good torque on these cars too.
    from precat decat, stage 1 map, and panel filter your looking at figs 270-285bhp, around 300fltbs of torque (all depends on the car)
    good set of springs and rarb sorts the handling out.

do some searching in the forums all depends how far you wanna take it

Comment

vxr inter. is ok, go for piano black one look nicer on later models, andwith sat nav or climate as they got better screens, and you want the adaptive lights too

Comment

r32 s are very nice...
        WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Wanna do a swap for my mk4 Sri turbo lol?! I'm thinking of changing to an R32 for a bit more daily driving and I know I can really rely on the golf!I will miss the power of my astra as it is around 60 more BHP than a standard R but if it bothers me to much I will probly just charge it!

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

love the mk4 r32's in blue

Comment

That's the colour I'm looking for,deep pearl blue

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Keep the r32 and supercharge imo If your looking to seriously tune that is 18's handle much better but 19's look nicer

Comment

Originally posted by epons300 View Post
                  i currently own a mk4 r32 , i have remapped, new stereo, colour change wheels etc its silver

but i was thinking of a change i currently run @240bhp am i gonna be amazed by a diff in acceleration etc or are they pretty similar as never met one at lights lol.

in the r32 the interior is nice but was wondering wat the thoughts on the vxr interior are ?

do 19" impare your driving are 18" better?
                  etc etc if anyone has owned both a comparison wud be awesome ty lads

yep you w will feel the diffrance. in accelaration. as i found out when at the light's. it did'nt stand a chance the R32 that is honest the vxr is a fast car. and spend very little. e,g 4/5 grand and it will beat /or keep up with the best/ porsch/ bmw m3/ for a lot less money .

any in arden blue they look a lot better
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                    yep you w will feel the diffrance. in accelaration. as i found out when at the light's. it did'nt stand a chance the R32 that is honest the vxr is a fast car. and spend very little. e,g 4/5 grand and it will beat /or keep up with the best/ porsch/ bmw m3/ for a lot less money .

any in arden blue they look a lot better
                    best porshe? lol maybe boxter. 4/5 grand must be mad lol. world, people are mad lol

Comment

and no. black or white astra looks best

Comment

drove a mk5 r32 acceleration is completly different its so linear where as in the vxr its so aggressive you get a huge surge personally i preferred it. and its alot more tunable for less money. id say test drive see what you think.

Comment

i find the r32 boring, sound nice tho.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

I really like them, a more refined car to the VXR but if i had the choice it would be the vxr, the 32 is a solid built car, handles well, nice engine, good interior but the astra has a bit of everything but it has a rugged edge on the golf i think...

Comment

The most important thing that nobody has mentioned is the value,the R32 holds it's value stupid amounts a decent mk4 R32 with a few factory extras and around 40k and on 52 plates are still fetching around and over 11k!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X