X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remapped or not?? Helpp

took mine for a power run yesterday im confused bout it really few reasons

1. what is corrected power? mine read 269.9
    2. is it the enigine power u go by when it comes to your bhp? mine whas 252.5
    3. my torque is 266.52

reasons im confused is when i bought it i was told its standard the 1st owner was a bloke who worked for vauxhall who then sold it to the bloke i bought it off he got told it was standard when he bought. He told me he did not remap as i rang him yesterday and when i bought it he said it was standard?? soo im confused is it remaped or standard?? any1 who could help please that would be brilliant!

thanks scott

RR figures can vary so much - you could go on another one and find that it says your car is down on power

Astra

Comment

Standard they are said to be 240bhp but in reality when standard ones have been on RR they get around 235bhp. Does your have an Remus//Milteck exhaust at all as that can increase the bhp slighty? but i woould hazard a guess that you have the standard exhaust and that it has had a stage 1 remap, i have never heard of a standard car pulling that bhp

Comment

drive the car in say 4th gear put your foot to the floor then press the sports button if you feel a kick then its mapped.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrar View Post

3. my torque is 266.52

reasons im confused is when i bought it i was told its standard the 1st owner was a bloke who worked for vauxhall who then sold it to the bloke i bought it off he got told it was standard when he bought. He told me he did not remap as i rang him yesterday and when i bought it he said it was standard?? soo im confused is it remaped or standard?? any1 who could help please that would be brilliant!

thanks scott
          When i got the burg i put it on a rolling road and got 282bhp and it was standard at the time lol. i've only just had a remap done on friday so i carnt wait to see what its pulling coz its fast as **** now.

But if your not happy with it mate just go to VX and ask them to update the ecu.
          Last edited by W11 VXR; 27 September 2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W11 VXR View Post
            When i got the burg i put it on a rolling road and got 282bhp and it was standard at the time lol. i've only just had a remap done on friday so i carnt wait to see what its pulling coz its fast as **** now.

But if your not happy with it mate just go to VX and ask them to update the ecu.
            What rr was that at? Sounds like they put you car on rollers, added all their mechanics ages together and that's how they got the 280 figure

sigpic

Comment

3. my torque is 266.52

thanks scott

If you have a turbo backed sports exhaust - Yes, you could be very well be standard still ie. with no map and the zorst would count for the increase in brake, hence the reason why the torque is just slightly above stock level.

If your car doesnt have a sports exhaust and doesnt have the precat downpipe instead, it could well have a stage.1 remap on it instead

The condition & accurancy of RR you used plays a big part here as figures could be either spot on or out ?
              Last edited by R15VXR; 28 September 2009, 09:46 AM. Reason: Typo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by W11 VXR View Post
                that is one optimistic RR dude
                Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                  that is one optimistic RR dude
                  To be fair to W11 Dave, I was there when it was RR'd and it blew the rest of us out of the water, however thereafter we debated this very fact to death - was it mapped or not ( graph is in the West Mids section if anyone wants a peek )
                  sigpic

Comment

Simple way, datalog the car and watch the manifold pressure reading. Can do this with Tech2, and if the manifold pressure reading holds above 200kpa, then the car is mapped.

Standard car will go up to around 210-220kpa, then should drop down to around the 190-200kpa mark and hold this through most of the midrange and at top end be around 170-180kpa.

If your values are consistently above this (but around 20kpa) then fair to say it's probably mapped.

Comment

Corrected power is just an estimate taken with a pinch of salt. Its supposed to take power at the wheels and work out what you'd have if you readd a typical amount that would of lost between engine and wheels.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                        drive the car in say 4th gear put your foot to the floor then press the sports button if you feel a kick then its mapped.
                        mines supposed to be standard and it does this. it also keeps up with an m3 piss easy.

Comment

how much is it to get it RR'd

Comment

i got mine RR localy at in quorn leicstershire thanks for replys guys so i should take more notice to the engine power then the corrected power?

Comment

i got mine RR localy at in quorn leicstershire thanks for replys guys so i should take more notice to the engine power then the corrected power?
                              Depends .....

What kind of RR was used ???

Lets see your graph - that would be useful
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X