X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handling

jeeeezzzzzzzzzz corners

said before saying again i fu##ing hate the handling on the astra really is not safe with this power.
    going round nice bend slowing down foot gently on brake as going bit to quick, and car feels like bloody jelly, like gonna spin and all sorts. swear if had to brake and more could been...... gotta fight with it

springs and rarb here i deffo come.

A lot of cars will feel edgy if you break in corners, I would of thought RARB will make it worse as it lets the rear break traction easier.

Your tyre pressures ok? Mine feels like you said when pressures aint right.
    sigpic
    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
      jeeeezzzzzzzzzz corners

said before saying again i fu##ing hate the handling on the astra really is not safe with this power.
      going round nice bend slowing down foot gently on brake as going bit to quick, and car feels like bloody jelly, like gonna spin and all sorts. swear if had to brake and more could been...... gotta fight with it

springs and rarb here i deffo come.
      mite i suggest you get your braking done before the corners haha!

Comment

is it worth getting a rarb?im going to buy one if so.
        sigpic

Comment

This is just my personal opinion, but after having a few quite fast sporty cars, i dont think the Vxr is all that bad! now i've got used to the car, i've been throwing it into corners at speed and it has coped very well. Certainly not as bad as ppl make out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
            This is just my personal opinion, but after having a few quite fast sporty cars, i dont think the Vxr is all that bad! now i've got used to the car, i've been throwing it into corners at speed and it has coped very well. Certainly not as bad as ppl make out anyway.
            i think the handling on them is really good most ppl tell me yea it may be quick in a straing line but
            a KA would out handle you, then i take em out and they are very suprised. all you need is a decent
            set of tyres on and the standard setup is pretty good.

and when you get to its limits i think its fun playin with its lil twitches
            INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_Burg View Post
              i think the handling on them is really good most ppl tell me yea it may be quick in a straing line but
              a KA would out handle you, then i take em out and they are very suprised. all you need is a decent
              set of tyres on and the standard setup is pretty good.

and when you get to its limits i think its fun playin with its lil twitches
              People take what Clarkson says as gospel unfortunatley

Astra

Comment

i stuck a rarb and springs on mine and i now throw mine in to corners and handles like a dream

Comment

I don't think the standard handling is too bad but I'm fitting a RARB and springs before I go down the power route just to make sure it's all contained

Comment

I get what you mean mate, the car does feel like jelly at high speeds on a corner. Now with the RARB fitted i can handle the car better on tight corners where you wouldn't be going really fast as its too tight, but still on the not so tight corners where you would be going a lot faster the car still feels a little unsafe so i hope springs sort this out when i get some

Plus, this is the first car i've been scared to take corners on. Yes its the fastest car i've had but even going the speeds that i would in my past cars on the same bends the car feels like its going to flip/slide etc
                    Last edited by turbovxr; 27 September 2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                      Plus, this is the first car i've been scared to take corners on. Yes its the fastest car i've had but even going the speeds that i would in my past cars on the same bends the car feels like its going to flip/slide etc
                      ohhh that??...and theres me thinkin it was all part of the fun

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                        ohhh that??...and theres me thinkin it was all part of the fun
                        Fun? lol. I had a play with a modded M3 in a bmw 1.8 shell and we came to the roundabout and then he was sliding the back end all the way round, i was trying to keep up and then my back end started doing the same. Something like tokyo drift, because i havent got rear wheel drive i couldnt get the power back down afterwards like the bmw, so yeah if you think thats fun

Comment

im no expert driver but i know you dont break going round the corner,lift off the gas but breaking is last resort,all hell breaks loose as soon as you touch it an if its wet then have fun.try going into the corners at a safe speed you think you can handle rather than flat then you risk going through thr hedge
                          sigpic

Comment

I know you shouldnt brake on a corner but what if i was going a tad too fast on a corner and i needed to slow down, what could i do? taking the foot off the pedal doesn't do anything really, the car takes forever to slow down without braking

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                              I know you shouldnt brake on a corner but what if i was going a tad too fast on a corner and i needed to slow down, what could i do? taking the foot off the pedal doesn't do anything really, the car takes forever to slow down without braking
                              pray
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X