This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenon headlights.

Thinking of changing the headlights on my vxr to the xenon type. Just seen some on ebay was wondering if these will just slot in and work or will they require some tinkering with?If any of you know if i can purchase them from anywhere else that would be great.

any help greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Opel-Astra-H-X...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Oh My god Nissan what have you done? You haven't created a machine
    You just made a MONSTER!!!!

Astra vxr 19's, cd70+cid+aux in, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors. Retro fitted:- afls, headlamp washers, cruise control, check control, sight and light, folding mirrors, anti hi-jack, vx-racing edition full leathers, cid video interface, reversing camera

best bet to contact ravinbeef on here he will sort u out

Comment

as said, pm ravin, he is the man. first of, there are for lhd drive, you will have to, if its possible, to convert them to rhd. there is a similar lately, its for the bus though.
      Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

wot silverbus said thats alot of messing about i should imagine
        sigpic
        STAGE 3 BHP???
        FULL REMUS-RARB-DAP R's-The Best Percy's CDTI Air box Panal Filter, Highflow Tophat, Oil restictor bolt & Breather-8000k HID's-Hella Bi Xenon Headlights-Forge Re Circ Valve-Glenn Yale Bling-Baileys D/V-Arden Rocker Cover-Black Defuser-Tints-Wind Deflectors-Interior & Reg Xenon Bulbs-Pressed Privert Plate.......

Comment

right thanks lads il send him a pm.

Astra vxr 19's, cd70+cid+aux in, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors. Retro fitted:- afls, headlamp washers, cruise control, check control, sight and light, folding mirrors, anti hi-jack, vx-racing edition full leathers, cid video interface, reversing camera

Comment

Originally posted by nellynell View Post
            right thanks lads il send him a pm.
            always happy to help not as tho i work at asda r owt though
            sigpic
            STAGE 3 BHP???
            FULL REMUS-RARB-DAP R's-The Best Percy's CDTI Air box Panal Filter, Highflow Tophat, Oil restictor bolt & Breather-8000k HID's-Hella Bi Xenon Headlights-Forge Re Circ Valve-Glenn Yale Bling-Baileys D/V-Arden Rocker Cover-Black Defuser-Tints-Wind Deflectors-Interior & Reg Xenon Bulbs-Pressed Privert Plate.......

Comment

Originally posted by RichardVXR View Post
              always happy to help not as tho i work at asda r owt though
              Lol thanks fella any help is much appreciated

Comment

theres a guy tryin the same with some zaff headlights ....the only problem is changing them from right habd drive to left the light are a easy fit
                WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by RichardVXR View Post
                  wot silverbus said thats alot of messing about i should imagine
                  its not as difficult as it may sound, although I still havent seen anyone has done it yet. Apparently the afl is controlled by an individual ecu and the ecu switches the afl to lhd or rhd. the idea is, to plug the headlights into an uk which has afl and make use of that ecu to convert the lhd lights to rhd.
                  Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSchoolBus View Post
                    its not as difficult as it may sound, although I still havent seen anyone has done it yet. Apparently the afl is controlled by an individual ecu and the ecu switches the afl to lhd or rhd. the idea is, to plug the headlights into an uk with has afl and make you that ecu to convert the lhd lights to rhd.
                    Lol sounds complicated. Will they have to be messed about with through tech 2 aswell and big question will they turn aswell?

Comment

what 1's have you got currently

HID's?? i think mine are about 3 - £400 for a bulb

Comment

I am not doing this, lol. It is a fellow bus driver. It would be interesting to see how they come out. There are more lhd afl out there than rhd ones.

Comment

its just finding some one willing to allow you to plug them into there car so the ecu changes them ...i cant see any other way around this
                          WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

really its just a matter of finding a car with afl, unplug them and then plug in the lhd afl and use the levelling switch in the car or perhaps tech2 to convert, sound do-able and simple enough.

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                              its just finding some one willing to allow you to plug them into there car so the ecu changes them ...i cant see any other way around this
                              exactly, lol, anyone with afl willing to help, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X