This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem perhaps?

Does anyone else find that if there stationary, rev the car to lets say 3k rpm slowly that at 2k rpm upwards theres a wierd noise, kind of like vibrating? or is it me being particular?

Could be a loose baffle in the exhaust?

Astra

Comment

sounds more front end! its probably nothing but thought id check to see if anyone notices this?

Comment

Could be just the flexi joint being noisy or even something resonating off the exhaust?

Worth having a listen with it on a ramp

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
          Could be just the flexi joint being noisy or even something resonating off the exhaust?

Worth having a listen with it on a ramp
          yeah, im off to thorney in 2 weeks, is this something theyd check for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran-D View Post
            yeah, im off to thorney in 2 weeks, is this something theyd check for me?
            Am sure they would if you mention it

Astra

Comment

Yeah make sure you mention it when you come in. We've seen a few where its just a loose bolt on the airbox cover, little noises can sound pretty big if the resonance is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney View Post
                Yeah make sure you mention it when you come in. We've seen a few where its just a loose bolt on the airbox cover, little noises can sound pretty big if the resonance is right.
                ok brilliant, thanks mate

Comment

Is it like pitched whining noice ?

If so read this threat http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63445

I have this sound have something to do with the piston cooling nozzels in the engine, but does not do any harm they say

Comment

Could even be the metal exhaust manifold gasket resonating.
                    sigpic

Comment

i dont think its anything major, its just one of those things thats bugging me and if it is something then heopfully it can be sorted easy enough, thanks for the input though!

Comment

yes mate i get that. did u find what it was?

Comment

did you have the aircon switched on at the time, if so that will be it
                          sigpic

Comment

My aircon is the same turn it off and the noise stops

Comment

I had this and vauxhall just told me yesterday that it was my cat, there replacing the sports cat under warrenty tho, but was exact same as what your describing

Comment

Working...
                              X