This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• range computer.

hey i needed to fill up the motor as the wee computer was telling me to refuel but when i filled her up the range is still sat at 35miles and dropping but i have a full tank of fuel. does anyone kno how to reset coz im confused, cheers
    Arden blue vxr - de badged - colour coded boot strip - Dap r's - Turbo back milltek race

Originally posted by scottie vxr View Post
    hey i needed to fill up the motor as the wee computer was telling me to refuel but when i filled her up the range is still sat at 35miles and dropping but i have a full tank of fuel. does anyone kno how to reset coz im confused, cheers
    you didnt leave the ignition on or the engine running while you re-fueled did you? i have that problem but only when i leave the car running when i refuel. but i only leave it running during re-fueling when im spanking the autobahn so i dont have it turned off with a bright red manifold!

Comment

they do this from time to time,it will reset its self an go back to what it should be,mines has done this twice in nearly18 months,i know petrol has went in but at the time you wonder if any really did go in,usually the nxt time you get in a start it ,it should be ok
      sigpic

Comment

i thought it was illegal to leave your motor running whilst fueling?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
          i thought it was illegal to leave your motor running whilst fueling?
          i believe it is but i dont really care to be honest hahaha! but to be fair i dont really do it that often, just in germany when im spanking it with the cruise control set to about 140mph with the odd 150+ moments and then just pull into a service station, fill her up with a mate in passenger seat, pay and carry on

Comment

i`m no tech but sounds like your sensor is stuck , i take it it`s showing full on the fuel gauge .

Comment

yea full on the guage just not on the range
              Arden blue vxr - de badged - colour coded boot strip - Dap r's - Turbo back milltek race

Comment

yea full on the guage just not on the range
                i read somewhere on here someone else having the same problem , sensor sticking , i`ll try and find thread

Comment

it`s been known to happen to a few on here and the reason being is that when you let the fuel run quite low the fuel sender could stick , they resolved this by filling car up and a few days later everything was back to normal .

if after a week or so it`s still the same it could be that you need a new fuel sender .

i make a point of never letting mine get below a 1/4 of a tank .

Comment

ok mate cheers for the help

Comment

Working...
                    X