Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe being lazy but....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe being lazy but....

    Do you have to remove the bumper to take the Fog lights out to remove the meshy bit.

    Also again do you need to remove the bumper to remove the bottom front meshy bit

    I am after painting these black, done all the other bits, back mesh and top front V grill

    Thanks in advance

    ( sorry for not trying to read 50000 topics )

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
    Do you have to remove the bumper to take the Fog lights out to remove the meshy bit.

    Also again do you need to remove the bumper to remove the bottom front meshy bit

    I am after painting these black, done all the other bits, back mesh and top front V grill

    Thanks in advance

    ( sorry for not trying to read 50000 topics )
    for fog lights just reach you hand around the back of the fog light surround, at the top there are 2 clips, press those and push towards the front and it should come out. i dont know about the front mesh though.

    Comment


    • #3
      yes bumper needs to come off to do the bottom mesh bit, as it is clipped in and VERY tight lugs on it also has the pipework clipped to it for the headlight washers if you have that option,so you may as well do the fog ones when its off...
      sigpic
      WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

      LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
        yes bumper needs to come off to do the bottom mesh bit, as it is clipped in and VERY tight lugs on it also has the pipework clipped to it for the headlight washers if you have that option,so you may as well do the fog ones when its off...
        what he said

        Comment


        • #5
          and he,d know
          HeavenlyDetail
          .
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

          Comment


          • #6
            You lazy sod, You just dont wanna get your hands dirty do ya lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Tie a rope round it and drive off that will get it off and ave messing with fiddly bolts etc etc...

              Comment


              • #8
                Wasnt about getting hands dirty to be honest, i aint a panel/car remover person and dont really want to break it so

                Thanks, thoughts confirmed anyway

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've removed my bumper mate and done it without instruction's as couldn't fine any, its pretty simple and sounds a lou easier than it is, if ya want a hand one weekend or summit pop on over, will give someone to talk to when i do mine,

                  Ya really need 2 people tbh as ya don't wanna be dropping one side.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Problem with coming over to you would be i want to take the bits out and spray them black then put them back in

                    Thanks for offer though mate

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                      Problem with coming over to you would be i want to take the bits out and spray them black then put them back in

                      Thanks for offer though mate
                      Yeah I gathered that mate lol, I've got some gear coming from percy soon, as soon as samco get a move on posting out the pipe.

                      so was just thinking strip yours clean and spray it, while its drying strip mine to, i already have the paint ready to go, then hav a go of fitting percy's air box, power pipe etc.

                      Up to you mate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hmm could be interesting, i aint the sprayer though, my mate does it for me lol cope out i know

                        Cant do this weekend though or saturday at least going for an all out polish with new toy i got other week unless.......

                        Unless you want to pop over to mine saturday during the day, drive big enough for both cars anyway. I got loads of tools etc, also thinking of getting percy box, but dont want hoses yet cause i aint 100% sure about teh hoses for the IC when i get a Stage 3 next year

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah that good idea, i'm working this sat tho so can't make it. Altho don't think i doing anything next saturday if you wanna try it then, will just have to clear it wit the boss lol

                          When you say the tubing do you mean the power pipe or for the airbox, the piping for the air box won't have anything to do wit the intercooler altho yes the power pipe will replace any tubing from say the forge intercooler altho if i go for a forge or similar i'll look to that sell that seperatly as percy's is one complete smooth unit and should be better.

                          Unless other can correct me?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yea i meant from IC to Top Hat, not sure what IC TMS fit but ill probably be having 1 of them next year so i dont see the point in getting rid of my old pipes just yet, or ill wait till i get the S3 done then get the percy box fitted so it can be set up correctly, Add power pipe etc.

                            I take it the TMS IC is Front mounted 1 like the forge ??

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah it is. Percy's air box won't be any where intercooler so you could that before, no problem. Plus wouldn't you want percy's box first before the stage 3 so wen the stage 3 is installed its mapped around the cdti air box,

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X