X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Astra Video - Anyone seen?

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this is a repost, but has anyone seent he new video of the new astra.

Quite like the interior and i think that if they get the engine right for the VXR, they could be onto a winner here.

Check it out:- youtube video

Not keen on it,the rear boot handle looks crap...the centre console is a carbon coby of the new fiesta and the front looks pants.Guessing that the base model tho so any other will be an improvement on that!

Comment

Engine is the 2L SIDI engine 260bhp ish - so that sounds sorted

Astra

Comment

Also glad they have improved the side pockets tho,on thing thats crap about astras lol

Comment

Really not a fan of this, but as it keeps gettin said... the vxr should be up to scratch lol (we hope)

Comment

Love most of it, except the gear knob and thers no physical hand brake...

Comment

i quite like the centre console of the insignia. I think its going to be all about the engine this time, thats going to make it or break its reputation. Dont think the looks will count as a huge amount when you think about whats on the market

Comment

Originally posted by benji1205 View Post
                i quite like the centre console of the insignia. I think its going to be all about the engine this time, thats going to make it or break its reputation. Dont think the looks will count as a huge amount when you think about whats on the market
                I've already said - SIDI engine 260bhp ish - don't expect it to be anywhere near the RS, the VXR will compete with the ST

Astra

Comment

looks smart
                  WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Looks ok i think it would grow on me, but not fan of the extirior shape

Comment

Originally posted by andriano View Post
                      Looks ok i think it would grow on me, but not fan of the extirior shape
                      Compares fine to the equivalent model of the MK5 when it came out - the 3dr will be very different, iirc their not even guaranteed to call it Astra

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                        I've already said - SIDI engine 260bhp ish - don't expect it to be anywhere near the RS, the VXR will compete with the ST
                        Regal have mapped this engine in the insignia to 310bhp havn't they? Just a stage 1 map. If thats the engine they use then its going to be easy to get the big power. Big enough for front wheel drive anyway as no way will it be 4WD like some are hoping. Hopefully will have a LSD and decent brakes as standard. Keep the weight and price down and it should be great.

Comment

If you put that poverty spec new shape next to an Astra H 5 door poverty spec it makes the old car look like a shoe box on wheels.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
                            Regal have mapped this engine in the insignia to 310bhp havn't they? Just a stage 1 map. If thats the engine they use then its going to be easy to get the big power. Big enough for front wheel drive anyway as no way will it be 4WD like some are hoping. Hopefully will have a LSD and decent brakes as standard. Keep the weight and price down and it should be great.
                            The SIDI is very similar to the TFSI engine in tunability apparently so 300bhp would be easy - probably looking at 350bhp ish without getting oily hands

Astra

Comment

Like the look of the interior

Comment

Working...
                              X