This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Side Light Bulbs

I have read in the "How To Section" on changing side light bulbs.

My headlights are standard not BiXenon.

I have to say that I am confused.

Do I go in through the wheel arch or from the bonnet. I have to get it done for Saturday as I have my long drive to Brands Hatch on the agenda.

Going to get the bulb at lunch time from Stockport Vauxhall (Evans Halshaw), hopefully a kind engineer will fit it for me, but if not I need to know the best way.

PS my hands are fairly small.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

I believe side lights are accessed through the engine bay..

in the manual, they recommend you loosen the air filter and on the driver's side and the fuse box cover (or what ever it is thats in the way) on the passenger's side.

simply pull of the back rubber cover and you should be able to stick your hand in and yank out the side light.. however, this is not as easy as it sounds so be prepare to swear a LOT at vx designers!!

good luck!
    My Autumn photoshoot in Epping Forest is here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/eppingforest
    And a random one in the car park here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/small-medium-large

Comment

As above, they're not the easiest things to replace due to the restriction on space getting you hand behind the headlight..

Also bare in mind that you cannot replace the standard "501" bulb for LED versions due the the Canbus electrical system the vehicle has..

There are two ways that you can install LED sidelights though:

1) Buy the PIAA led sidelight bulbs specialy designed with the resistor built in at arounf £90 a pair (yes this is not a typo error)

http://www.priracing.com/product.php...ro-cars--pair-

2) Follow the guide on this forum regarding cutting into the loom and installing in-line resistors..

I went for a pair of PIAA Chrome Mirror White 501's

http://www.priracing.com/product.php...0w-bulb--pair-

which give off a nice bright white light..

Hope this helps?
      Auto Inparts.com
      exclusive automotive products
      www.autoinparts.com
      www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
      ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by titleist View Post
          lol
          And?
          Auto Inparts.com
          www.autoinparts.com
          www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,

Comment

the ps part got me

Comment

Originally posted by titleist View Post
              the ps part got me

Women with small hands make your c*** look bigger!
              Auto Inparts.com
              www.autoinparts.com
              www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,

Comment

Oh shut up you lot lol.

Yeah yeah i guess i asked for that one.

Bast***s

:-)

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

90£ lol wat a rip off got mine from ultra led they work fine 18£ for the pair and they have 15 leds each brightest i've seen,, p.s if u know how to drop the bumper and removed the lights will be just as fast and save about a months worth of f'in, b'in and s'in lol
                  black Astra VXR 08 plate 1500miles may 09
                  19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

Comment

Has anyone decided to go with a colour tint?! I saw a Golf the other day with nice LED lights for side lights.

They had some like Audi R8's (several LED's in a row) but on the edge it was a tinted RED LED?

Anyone tried this?!
                    Thank you to NITRIX for the signature!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
                      I have read in the "How To Section" on changing side light bulbs.

My headlights are standard not BiXenon.

I have to say that I am confused.

Do I go in through the wheel arch or from the bonnet. I have to get it done for Saturday as I have my long drive to Brands Hatch on the agenda.

Going to get the bulb at lunch time from Stockport Vauxhall (Evans Halshaw), hopefully a kind engineer will fit it for me, but if not I need to know the best way.

PS my hands are fairly small.
                      head lights (dipped beam )are done through wheel arch , easier with wheel on full turn .
                      side lights and main bean are done from engine bay by removing rubber cover .

side lights are pretty easy to change but main beam light is a pain which i left mine alone .

when doing driversside side light your best removing pipe thats connected to the airbox ,
                      if you still haven`t done em by saturday i`ll show you how to do them , be prepared to get your hands mucky

Comment

Working...
                      X