This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes Brakes BRAKES!!!

I think its time my pads are changed, they've done about 33k and have approximately 4k left on them.

How much is a set of Front and Rear pads from a dealer usually for original GM pads?

Is it really worth going up to uprated pads? I have seen several people worship yellowstuff and some slate them?

I don't plan on disc upgrades or anything but one last question is braided hoses? Are these really worth it on standard setup?

Fluid was changed month ago on last service.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Technically the yellowstuff pads are better than OE for handling heat and provide a more aggressive bite. However they will increase disc wear, and to be honest if you were happy with how the standard brakes performed then just stick with the standard pad.

Braided hoses make a big difference to pedal feel, and helps to ensure more of the pedal pressure is being applied to the pad and therefore increase bite. Highly recommend this

Comment

Anyone know cost difference on OEM vs Yellow stuff.

My fronts need changing but rears dont if I recall but will double check that lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

The OE Pads are the same as the pads used on the 308mm discs (iirc), which come in around £40-50 I think

Comment

I paid £25 for the front pads from Vaux but that was with a good discount. They're not much more than that anway to buy but cant remember the price. ill try and find the invoice

Comment

what kind of pads are the oe pads?
            Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

ferrodo

Comment

Mimtex are around £80 for the fronts and what have been recommended to to me by DAP

Comment

Originally posted by bellamy06 View Post
                  I paid £25 for the front pads from Vaux but that was with a good discount. They're not much more than that anway to buy but cant remember the price. ill try and find the invoice
                  Front pads list at £70 something including vat (as of 3 weeks ago), and with trade club come down to a smidge over £40ish. The yellow stuffs are £3 to £4 more then the oe pads if you pay full retail for the oe pads. So if you will pay full retail then yellow stuff or red stuff are definately an option.

Comment

Working...
                  X