• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insp 1000??

hello all
    i bougtht my car in may 09 its a 08 plate
    when i bought it it had 1500miles on it now it has about 5100
    on the way home from work the insp 1000 came on
    does the 1000 mean its got 1000miles untill it need a service? surly it doesnt need a service every 4k miles only had it 4 months

maybe it doesnt even mean service lol but... arnold clark told me they were servicing it for me buyin it

cheers people
    black Astra VXR 08 plate 1500miles may 09
    19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

1000 miles generally, but is date activated as well so given it's an 08 it may be that it was last serviced nearly a year ago

Comment

Originally posted by mark_jamieson_2005 View Post
      hello all
      i bougtht my car in may 09 its a 08 plate
      when i bought it it had 1500miles on it now it has about 5100
      on the way home from work the insp 1000 came on
      does the 1000 mean its got 1000miles untill it need a service? surly it doesnt need a service every 4k miles only had it 4 months

maybe it doesnt even mean service lol but... arnold clark told me they were servicing it for me buyin it

cheers people
      Did they stamp the service book to say they had? Sounds like they either haven't done it or have forgotten to reset the service counter.
      sigpic

Comment

give the dealers a bell , they should of reset the service counter when they serviced it , if it shows it hasn`t been serviced by them as the said they would then they should service it for you for free
        check the service book for the stamp , it`ll tell you there the last time it was serviced

Comment

ok just did theres no stamp and i called them, there service'in has closed but the guy said if we said we would service we would have done it? so you service it, dont stamp book or reset the computer, do they reset it with tech 2 cause if they do means they didnt check for fault codes either? RAGIN!! i hope my cars not drivin about with crap old oil and water
          19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

Comment

out of curiosity how often do they need serviced miles wise i know its every year if u dont do enough miles

Comment

Originally posted by mark_jamieson_2005 View Post
              out of curiosity how often do they need serviced miles wise i know its every year if u dont do enough miles
              They count down from 20,000 miles/12 months after the counter has been reset (needs servicing after whichever you reach sooner). The rate it counts down at depends on how it gets driven day-to-day.

Go and have a look at the oil on the dipstick to see what colour it is. If it is jet black then chances are they didn't do it. If it is lightly browned then that'd be about right for 4 month old oil.

HTH
              sigpic

Comment

every 20,000 or 12 months , which ever comes 1st , as for servicing it well it should be on there system when it was last serviced , if they say they forgot to reset it your best going bact to them and letting them reset it , that way your covering yourself if you need owt doing in the future under warranty

Comment

ok thanks alot
                  still angry with the fact my car might not had a service will tell you all how i get on 2moro

Comment

It could have been that the car didn't actually need servicing (according to the counter anyway) and the salesman was just giving you the usual bull that effortlessly seems to flow out of them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
                      It could have been that the car didn't actually need servicing (according to the counter anyway) and the salesman was just giving you the usual bull that effortlessly seems to flow out of them.
                      as he said vx as a lot of dealers will only do a service if it`s due , if thats the case and they did promise you i`de kick off in a polite way of course and demand a free service don`t take no for an answer

Comment

ok phoned them, there sayin its serviced and i've to go in next friday to get the insp 1000 reset so that it comes on next apr, she said this can be done but i dunno can they be set to come on at a specific date i thought they automatically went back to 1 year/ 20k miles theres no way i can prove the serice wasnt done is there the cars only done 5100 miles now suppose it could have been worse if it was a higher milage 5k miles and is 1 year and 7 months old is well under average

Comment

Working...
                        X