X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling Tyres with Nitrogen?

Has anyone looked into this?

My g/f's dad has done it and said it made a real difference in terms of road noise and handling!

My local Quick-Fit will do it for a few quid... thinking about giving it a shot.

Some info here...

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...-nitrogen.html

Has anyone else done this or looked into it?
    7 years of ownership and still love it!!

If it makes you happy. Largely pointless, but I've had it done in the past, for free. Air is about 75% Nitrogen anyway.

Comment

is it to take "water" out of the air, read about this years ago in a demon tweek mag be4 i could drive lol might aswell give it a blast for a few quid m8
      black Astra VXR 08 plate 1500miles may 09
      19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

Comment

dont know, was talking about this already few times with my mates, we agreed that it is quiet pointless...
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Do it mate, well worth it. You can feel the difference in the handling, your tyre pressure is more constant too. Mine have been done 6 months now and the tyre pressures are still right.

Comment

yeh, it does take the water out.. Not sure really what the other advantages are.

Your right magic919 air is about 75% Nitrogen (78% if your picky! ), in your experience was it worth wihile? did you notice a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
              Do it mate, well worth it. You can feel the difference in the handling, your tyre pressure is more constant too. Mine have been done 6 months now and the tyre pressures are still right.
              Sounds positive, pretty much what my g/f's dad said about it.

Comment

heard that it makes your car handle better as it is more balanced substance than air
                sigpic
                ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

With the reduction of water vapour in the air injected your tyre pressure will not decrease as rapidly as it does with normal atmospheric air.

The tyre walls are a permeable membrane which over time allows the water vapour in the compressed air of the tyres to seep through, which in turn lowers the pressure in the tyre. By using nitrogen this is virtually eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino_GSi View Post
                    You're right magic919 air is about 75% Nitrogen (78% if you're picky! ), in your experience was it worthwhile? did you notice a difference?
                    Having the right pressure made all the difference on the Monaro. I don't think the Nitrogen made any difference beyond that.

Comment

Working...
                    X