This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Cornering With Sport On

I have read through the other thread and thought id start my own as the other one has gone a bit of course...

Firstly i have the car stage 2 remapped but still on standard suspension, no rarb or LSD here so...

If i am cornering at speed i always scrub the speed of before the corner, i always brake late so the car nose dives (controlled chaos) and then as i steer in i put the power back on to pull the car back out and it does it fine (happens all very quick but broken down thats how i do it) but i have noticed on more gradual sweeping right corner the rear left feels like it diggin in sort of leaning down on the rear left when the power is on (sport mode) and the front right appears to feel lighter.

I have lowered all my previous cars but they have all ended up after 6 months feeling to hard and make the interior parts creak and bang (interior fatigue) so ive been reluctant to lower the car but feel thats what i might have to do. What does a rarb do for the car on the road?

I read its easier to loose the rear end due to what Rarb, i dont want the tail out i want to be planter through the corners...

Any feed back will be much appreciated and well received!

Stay on topic and no wars please...

PS ive got pro 1.2 gloss back 18's coming so hope thats going to help out some...
    Last edited by moosh; 29 September 2009, 08:51 PM. Reason: my post was misleading

With the adjustable RARB you have different settings which affect the torsionional rigidity of the bar itself. By setting this accordingly it will control the amount of roll reduction applied, and therefore allows you to adjust according to the proportion of under/over steer you are comfortable with

Comment

Rarb and dap springs. I felt exactly the same as you. There really is hardly any ride quality lost at all. You can't go wrong

Comment

Dap springs are fine and as said do not really change the ride comfort imo

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post

yes sir

Comment

RARB & DAPS should be your 1st move

Comment

Surely you should try and be smoother through the bends and get the car more balanced ??

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                I have read through the other thread and thought id start my own as the other one has gone a bit of course...

Firstly i have the car stage 2 remapped but still on standard suspension, no rarb or LSD here so...

If i am cornering at speed i always scrub the speed of before the corner, i always brake late so the car nose dives (controlled chaos) and then as i steer in i put the power back on to pull the car back out and it does it fine (happens all very quick but broken down thats how i do it) but i have noticed on more gradual sweeping right corner the rear left feels like it diggin in sort of leaning down on the rear left when the power is on (sport mode) and the front right appears to feel lighter.
                I have lowered all my previous cars but they have all ended up after 6 months feeling to hard and make the interior parts creak and bang (interior fatigue) so ive been reluctant to lower the car but feel thats what i might have to do. What does a rarb do for the car on the road?

I read its easier to loose the rear end due to what the Rarb does, i dont want the tail out i want to be planter through the corners...

Any feed back will be much appreciated and well received!

Think this is cus of the weight transfer from accelerating through the corner (both to the side and towards the rear of the car). The RARB should combat this roll at the rear which will inturn cause the front inside wheel to feel better planted.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astra200t View Post
                  Surely you should try and be smoother through the bends and get the car more balanced ??
                  i find it gets round the bends quicker when you grab it by the scruff of the neck and sling it in! just on the verge of drifting, its the most aggressive way of driving but if you can handle it.... it works very well

Comment

learn to drive W4GCON ov lol. gonna sit back and watch the thread. worded it better than me so you prob get a better response

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                      learn to drive W4GCON ov lol. gonna sit back and watch the thread. worded it better than me so you prob get a better response
                      Give it time mate... All threads like this bring out the 'its your driving mate' crew.
                      sigpic

Comment

thinking of buying the AR - Bar from courtneys £169. its a whiteline 1. Any feedback

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
                          Give it time mate... All threads like this bring out the 'its your driving mate' crew.
                          lol, but if you want it faster its all good. but not happy with handling its your driving.

W4GCON think the springs and rarb way to go, dont know which one to do first tho

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                            With the adjustable RARB you have different settings which affect the torsionional rigidity of the bar itself. By setting this accordingly it will control the amount of roll reduction applied, and therefore allows you to adjust according to the proportion of under/over steer you are comfortable with
                            Alex you nailed that in a nut shell mate!

I know what an anti roll bar does in theory but was wondering specifically what this upgrade deos for the astra in the handling department...

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by nige87 View Post
                              Rarb and dap springs. I felt exactly the same as you. There really is hardly any ride quality lost at all. You can't go wrong
                              Worth while? How much mate?

Comment

Working...
                              X