This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine pinking over 5000 rpm

hi has any body had bother with there car missing over 5000rpm. had it to vauxhall twice they put new plugs in and a coil pack no difference. it had a po300 fault code i think it pinking to, tryed super unleaded i dont think it as bad has any of you guys heard of this problem

Standard/mapped?

Comment

standard with 10k on it just after first service in vauxhall my mate a mecanic and he thinks it detting

Comment

Can they not take it on out Tech2 and monitor the knock values? That would tell them what the retard values are? Plus they could monitor the other sensors to see whether there is a faulty sensor which could be causing it

Comment

they said the car fine but i said i wasnt happy with it so i took the tech a run and he said he going to order an airflow meter i think they havent a clue what they r doing

Comment

If the airflow meter is faulty then it could explain the car pinking as it will think X amount of air is coming in and fuel for it, but if the airflow is actually Z then it may not be fueling enough and will lead to the car pinking.

However this can all be confirmed if they take the car for a run and monitor the Tech2 values, which will show if the knock retard is being used, and they can also see the AMM flow reading and compare this with what it should be seeing.

See what happens once the AMM is changed, if it's still a problem and your not happy with the dealer then see if anyone in your area could datalog the car for you and help to diagnose where the issue lies.

Comment

Where in ireland are you from mate?

id get it back to the dealers and tell them you aint happy, if needs be i can get the nessisary info alex needs and we can get you sorted

sigpic

Comment

Hopefully close to someone that has datalogging capabilities

Comment

im from antrim it doesnt run as bad with super unleaded in .i seen another post with a guy car going into limp mode my vx does that when its cold ive been told it the spark plugs and the plug gap to wide

Comment

possibly! im in antrim monday night if ya want some diagnostics

sigpic

Comment

have it booked in to charles hurst for airflow under warranty c what they come up with cheers lad

Comment

no bother! will be about anyway so give me a shout

sigpic

Comment

were bouts u live mate

Comment

lisburn! will be up by the forum, down by the lough

sigpic

Comment

Stardard or a Davey special?

Comment

Working...