This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtenays what a team

Well i took my car back up to north walsham yesterday to see the guys at courtenays for another visit to the only people i would ever trust with my pride and joy. Some of you know the problems i have had with my car with the throttle closing off when it just feels like it. Car was running in std set up and tuned with same result.I fitted the courtenay 1.9 air box mod and for some reason (best know to the car) stopped the car shutting the throttle (note i said stopped and not fixed).I run the car in std with just the airbox on top hat on for about 2 months just to make sure it was still been a good girl.Took the car up to see courtenays about 8 weeks ago to get her mapped back up, but that was not as easy as it sounds she real did play up but in the end we ended up with a safe map but was down on power 271 stage 3 lol. It was very late in the day so jon asked if i would take it way run it for few weeks and bring it back so more work could be carried out on the old girl.
    well she ran ok but down on power so to speak, well i turned up at courtenays at about 0830 yesterday (with not much hope i must say after my last visit just though its going to be one of then cars after all the work they putin) was thing of getting shut to be honest with you, well i left at 1730 last night with one hell of a car again the map was tweaked re tweaked more of this and that the end result is i love my car again not going to bother posting the figs as with jon's sprint thread it only ends in b*tching but im very very very happy and its my car, so big big thanks to courtenays also left with a boot full of goodies so watch this space

Thanks guys Dave.
    Last edited by vxrdave; 30 September 2009, 11:12 AM.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

that is hard to read mate, black writing with black background

but I squinted and got through it all and great result....

Comment

sorry any better

Comment

much, thanks

Comment

Glad we got it sorted for you Dave otherwise i don't think Jon would have let you leave!!!

Comment

Super mate, glad you are happy. Could you tell us was the power up, or the torque, delivery, or what made you leave happier than the first time?

Comment

Well done Courtenays !!!

Comment

Glad you happy now mate.

I reckon Jon & Sarah kept you there knowing you would spend more
                Last edited by Flinty; 30 September 2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thanos View Post
                  Well done Courtenays !!!
                  good to hear some praise than some of the rants on this site

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                    Glad you happy now mate.

What do you mean the thought never crossed our minds! Never need to persuade Dave to part with his cash!!

Comment

Thats great news Dave , isnt it so nice when you fall in love with the car again.. So thats 400 miles on the clock now is it?
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by JB_VXR View Post
                        Super mate, glad you are happy. Could you tell us was the power up, or the torque, delivery, or what made you leave happier than the first time?

both were up matein the place were most would expect s3

Comment

Originally posted by C5 VXL View Post
                          What do you mean the thought never crossed our minds! Never need to persuade Dave to part with his cash!!

'Jon, just keep the car here another 5 mins, I think he's gong for the diff'

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                            Thats great news Dave , isnt it so nice when you fall in love with the car again.. So thats 400 miles on the clock now is it?
                            430 with the dyno work and the front wheel were a bit dirty too

It was great to see Daves face light up again. Did you have a nice sit down in the spare room when you got home Dave ?
                            sigpic
                            29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Glad we got it sorted for you Dave otherwise i don't think Jon would have let you leave!!!
                              Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                              Glad you happy now mate.

all very true see you in a week or so

Comment

Working...
                              X