Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sport Button??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sport Button??

    in reality if the car is in standard guise does pressing this actually do anything noticable???

  • #2
    Yes, it puts an LED on - very noticeable

    If you have IDS+ it stiffens the ride and makes the steering slightly heavier.
    Other than that, the throttle becomes more sensitive.

    ...and if you hold the button, you loose the stability program.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PraetorIan View Post
      Yes, it puts an LED on - very noticeable

      If you have IDS+ it stiffens the ride and makes the steering slightly heavier.
      Other than that, the throttle becomes more sensitive.

      ...and if you hold the button, you loose the stability program.


      sorry mate LED, IDS??

      REALLY MUST MAKE THE TIME TO READ THE HANDBOOK

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry, when I said LED - I was mucking about - the light on the button

        IDS+ is Continuous Damping Control. If you have this option then you will see IDS+ lit on the dash when you switch the ignition on (and I think also when you open the driver's door).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PraetorIan View Post
          Sorry, when I said LED - I was mucking about - the light on the button

          IDS+ is Continuous Damping Control. If you have this option then you will see IDS+ lit on the dash when you switch the ignition on (and I think also when you open the driver's door).
          lol - no probs

          IDS - unless it is standard my car hasnt got it

          Comment


          • #6
            If you have IDS+ and IDS+ light comes up on the dash when you turn the ignition on.

            Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

            Clique #14

            Comment


            • #7
              It kicks the remap in on mine. VERY VERY noticable indeed.

              Comment


              • #8
                just slightly more throttle responce really when you hit that button on a standard car.

                Who drives with ESP off... I tried it and its a completely different handling car.

                over 1 year now and im just learning to take it off when dry days. dont notice much difference to be honest.
                Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Completely different handling car? No this is just because the ESP is no longer saving you from every ditch and tree in sight?

                  Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

                  Clique #14

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                    Completely different handling car? No this is just because the ESP is no longer saving you from every ditch and tree in sight?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Is it really only IDS cars where the suspension stiffens? I am sure my Zaf suspension hardens up, but it hasn't got IDS.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dtox View Post
                        just slightly more throttle responce really when you hit that button on a standard car.

                        Who drives with ESP off... I tried it and its a completely different handling car.

                        over 1 year now and im just learning to take it off when dry days. dont notice much difference to be honest.
                        You have a car with that much power, and cant even handle it with the traction control off?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Push it and find out for yourself mate

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rasher View Post
                            in reality if the car is in standard guise does pressing this actually do anything noticable???
                            yes it does , quicker acceleration response , stiffens suspension up and a shorter wheel turn ,

                            as Rossi said , go try it

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by D4 VXR View Post
                              yes it does , quicker acceleration response , stiffens suspension up and a shorter wheel turn ,

                              as Rossi said , go try it
                              when you push it you can see the rev counter move up an feel the car surge a little,or maybe thats my noz button
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X