This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking

Does the astra vxr only need tracking done after lowering?

wiv the price of tyres i check mine alot but i do it myself should do it at least once a year or when any suspesion work or new tyres done.

Comment

Well i'm going to lower the car my self but not sure if i need tracking or 4 wheel alignment. Someone looked under my car and said theres no adjusters on the back or something so it will only need tracking?

Comment

Tracking ideally should be done everytime you take the wheels off the car or every 6 months, as driving over speed bumps, hitting pot-holes or driving up kerbs can knock it out of alignment.
        sigpic

Comment

So its just the tracking i will need done?

Comment

Get the tracking done a couple of weeks after lowering it, after allowing it to settle.

Comment

Tbh i would get the Camber done aswell as both the tracking/camber will effect with the vertical alignment of the wheel.
              Negative camber means the the top of the wheel is slightly further in towards the car than the bottom - like this //--------\\ (the slashes are the wheels)
              Positive camber is the opposite \\--------//

this in turn will wear your tyres unevenly
              sigpic

Comment

Couple of weeks lol? is that not a bit too long as if the tracking is out it might wear the tyres down?

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                  Tbh i would get the Camber done aswell as both the tracking/camber will effect with the vertical alignment of the wheel.
                  Negative camber means the the top of the wheel is slightly further in towards the car than the bottom - like this //--------\\ (the slashes are the wheels)
                  Positive camber is the opposite \\--------//

this in turn will wear your tyres unevenly
                  How much is camber? My mate said it usally costs about £25 for tracking but he'll do it for £10 as he works at quickfit

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                    How much is camber? My mate said it usally costs about £25 for tracking but he'll do it for £10 as he works at quickfit
                    tracking and camber should be roughly 25 quid depending on where you go.. some garages might charge more to do the camber...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                      Couple of weeks lol? is that not a bit too long as if the tracking is out it might wear the tyres down?
                      yep, I did well over 1000 miles before getting mine done, so yes you'll be fine

Comment

Probably the most important thing you can do other than tyre pressures!

You can completely transform a car by having it set correctly, it gets knocked out slowly and sometimes without you even noticing but then when its reset your car changes dramatically. Keep reading the HANDLING ISSUE threads on here of late and most of this is due to tracking / tyre pressure issues.

Just had mine done again after only 2k miles and it was toe'd out yet again, a corner that was becoming a problem at 45-50 is now hardly noticable at 65mph and the back end shouts out at me and tells me exactly what is going on

Got that i want to drive forever feeling again and only a few days ago i almost started to think this car is *****!

Comment

Will i need to get camber done aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mike View Post
                            Probably the most important thing you can do other than tyre pressures!

You can completely transform a car by having it set correctly, it gets knocked out slowly and sometimes without you even noticing but then when its reset your car changes dramatically. Keep reading the HANDLING ISSUE threads on here of late and most of this is due to tracking / tyre pressure issues.

Just had mine done again after only 2k miles and it was toe'd out yet again, a corner that was becoming a problem at 45-50 is now hardly noticable at 65mph and the back end shouts out at me and tells me exactly what is going on

Got that i want to drive forever feeling again and only a few days ago i almost started to think this car is *****!
                            Totally agree, anyone that is in the Hampshire/Berks area I recommend taking your car to Gary @ Micheldever, has an Astra himself and knows exactly what he is doing.
                            I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Will i need to get camber done? My mate is going to do tracking for me for £10 so i hope he knows what hes doing lol

Comment

Working...
                              X