This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox warranty argument

had my burg for a good 5 months now and when i got it there was a whining noise (bearing noise) when u hit 20 it starts and stays at same note with clutch pressed or de-pressed regardles of what gear. Anyways the car has been into vxl 3 times for this fault over past 4months and first visit, no problem found second visit, new n/s/f wheel bearing. then got car stage 2 from CS 1month ago took vehicle back to vxl again today and took them 20mins to tell me the gearbox is damaged and is not under warenty now its been remapped. so a big argument broke out asking why it is void when the fault has been going on for so long (not getting worse) so spoke to custermer service line and it has gone to the technical department anyone else had this problem ????
    sorry fo essay
    sigpic
    GREEN HELL CLUB TEAM MECHANICS
    MAY 2010 9min 15sec with video
    JUNE 2011 8min 37sec with video
    SEPT 2011 8min 1?sec

Speak to Stu or Dougie

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

I could be wrong about this, I'm sure someone will say something if I am. To void a warranty you would have to show that the remap was to blame for the fault, if this was the case then the tuner should/would be responsible for the gearbox. As you reported the fault before the remap then I would imagine the remap cannot be the cause of the problem so your gearbox should be changed under warranty.

Thats how I've always believed it worked, like I said though, I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
        I could be wrong about this, I'm sure someone will say something if I am. To void a warranty you would have to show that the remap was to blame for the fault, if this was the case then the tuner should/would be responsible for the gearbox. As you reported the fault before the remap then I would imagine the remap cannot be the cause of the problem so your gearbox should be changed under warranty.

Thats how I've always believed it worked, like I said though, I could be wrong.
        you are right with the warrenty in a way,but a remap gives extra torque which does affect the gearbox.he has obviously had a problem with the gearbox prior to the remap an tis will be noted somewere as he had it looked at.one way or another vxl or courtenay will sort this out.
        sigpic

Comment

and the M32 is limited to 320NM torque by specification which is standard!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
            and the M32 is limited to 320NM torque by specification which is standard!
            Are you sure about this? Designing a car that will put its gearbox to its limits without modification would be a very stupid thing to do for a manufacturer, can't see them doing that. So going by that theory, the Burg is beyond its gearbox spec?

How would they account for the variance in torque from car to car, its quite possible a standard VXR could produce more torque than is on its spec sheet.

Comment

Thanx for all the replys just hope I don't have to pay otherwise might have to sell it
              sigpic
              GREEN HELL CLUB TEAM MECHANICS
              MAY 2010 9min 15sec with video
              JUNE 2011 8min 37sec with video
              SEPT 2011 8min 1?sec

Comment

Originally posted by l66get vxr View Post
                Thanx for all the replys just hope I don't have to pay otherwise might have to sell it
                id say you will be sorted out mate,as someone has said pm dougie or vxrmothership.there is alot of people pushing alot more torque through their gearboxs an have had no problems,seems to me that it was on the way out even before you have had it tuned.as long as they dont find any signs of abuse you will be fine
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                  Are you sure about this? Designing a car that will put its gearbox to its limits without modification would be a very stupid thing to do for a manufacturer, can't see them doing that. So going by that theory, the Burg is beyond its gearbox spec?

How would they account for the variance in torque from car to car, its quite possible a standard VXR could produce more torque than is on its spec sheet.

thats where they get the 32 part! 320 nm

sigpic

Comment

The gearbox rating is at constant load, which it isn't for most of the time....

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                      The gearbox rating is at constant load, which it isn't for most of the time....
                      Agreed with that but pushing it above that quite alot lol.

The main killer on these gear boxes is the bearings are ****, and over heat if you wheel spin too much!

Clique #14

Comment

Agreed with that but pushing it above that quite alot lol.

The main killer on these gear boxes is the bearings are ****, and over heat if you wheel spin too much!
                        vxrmarc an regalvxr both 390ftlb+
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
                          That's 530NM!! lol

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
                            have they had engine transplants?

Comment

That's 530NM!! lol
                              alot of torques
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...