This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport button not working!!!

If my sport button is not working, is it covered by warrenty?? The light doesn't come on and i dont feel anything happening so i dont think it is working...

I have no error codes coming up when doing the throttle and brake pedal thing. Is there anything else i can do to check?

I dont suppose anyone else has ever had this problem or might know how to fix it?

Thanks, Joe

Originally posted by Rapid - VXR View Post
    If my sport button is not working, is it covered by warrenty?? The light doesn't come on and i dont feel anything happening so i dont think it is working...

I have no error codes coming up when doing the throttle and brake pedal thing. Is there anything else i can do to check?

I dont suppose anyone else has ever had this problem or might know how to fix it?

Thanks, Joe
    Have you tried turning the car on first?

On a serious note, it should be covered by warranty, just take it down the stealers, probably a 5 minute job mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane_Eddie View Post
      Have you tried turning the car on first?

On a serious note, it should be covered by warranty, just take it down the stealers, probably a 5 minute job mate.
      you got any idea what it might be i just dont want them to turn around and say we cant find anything wrong and charge me an investigation fee!!

Comment

I have no idea what it is, it could be as simple as a wire has come loose. When you press it down and hold it, does the traction turn off? If it does, then it could be something as simple as the light is knackered, as you wont feel a massive difference in delivery anyway unless its mapped?

I doubt the dealer will charge you a diagnostics fee as CLEARLY there is something wrong, as the light doesnt come on. Or thats the arguement id have with them anyway.

Comment

If its a fuse its NOT covered by warranty and they will mug you off, see my thread! Kick up a fuss and dont pay!!!

Comment

yeah best bet is to take it to the dealer, its controlled through the engine ecu but takes signals on the can bus network from the abs computer, it maybe that you have a slight fault in one of these thus not allowing the function, with tech 2 connected, you can watch to see if it see s the sport button being pressed in the parameters. Just a quick question has the car been into the dealers recently for a new ecu or engine ecu reflash, cause when you re flash it you have to confirm what the car has fitted it maybe that its simply not been enabled

Comment

Originally posted by scorchio View Post
              yeah best bet is to take it to the dealer, its controlled through the engine ecu but takes signals on the can bus network from the abs computer, it maybe that you have a slight fault in one of these thus not allowing the function, with tech 2 connected, you can watch to see if it see s the sport button being pressed in the parameters. Just a quick question has the car been into the dealers recently for a new ecu or engine ecu reflash, cause when you re flash it you have to confirm what the car has fitted it maybe that its simply not been enabled
              I have no idea as have only just bought it, i assume il need to book the car in at the garage or will they do it there and then?

Thanks for all replys... I dont suppose anyone would know what fuse it is?

Comment

got the button sorted, it feels like iv just bought a brand new car, completely different ... very happy indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid - VXR View Post
                  got the button sorted, it feels like iv just bought a brand new car, completely different ... very happy indeed
                  happy for you bud. but if you dont mind me asking what was the problem?
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

what was it?

Comment

in the end they said they just needed to replace the button... shame they took 2 days to find that out lol

Comment

Working...
                      X