This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty problem

Ok Guys im in a bit of an unusual situation here just wondering if any of you had any advice on the matter.

Basically got my car serviced about a month ago at a local garage whos always been very good with his work etc. He is VAT Registered and i did use genuine vauxhall parts.(1st service).

Unfortunately on the day i forgot to bring my service book and so didn't get it stamped but i was told to pop back whenever with the book and he would stamp it for me.

Because of work and a few other things i didn't get the opportunity to get the book stamped until today. However when i went down today the place was shut. I enquired about this and was told the guy was killed a few weeks ago in a car crash. May he rest in peace he was a great guy.

I've been told the place will be going up for sale soon and i am left without a stamp in my book for the warranty. My car is requiring some work under warranty now but i sense vauxhall will void my warranty since there is no record of the service.

Any ideas what i can do?

cheers guys
    Oh My god Nissan what have you done? You haven't created a machine
    You just made a MONSTER!!!!

Astra vxr 19's, cd70+cid+aux in, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors. Retro fitted:- afls, headlamp washers, cruise control, check control, sight and light, folding mirrors, anti hi-jack, vx-racing edition full leathers, cid video interface, reversing camera

how did you pay for the service? did you get a receipt?

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
      how did you pay for the service? did you get a receipt?
      I paid by cash mate i did get a receipt but i have searched everywhere and its nowhere to be found

Astra vxr 19's, cd70+cid+aux in, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors. Retro fitted:- afls, headlamp washers, cruise control, check control, sight and light, folding mirrors, anti hi-jack, vx-racing edition full leathers, cid video interface, reversing camera

Comment

damn, when was the the last service prior to this & how many miles?

Comment

damn, when was the the last service prior to this & how many miles?
          This was its 1st service mate just hit 13k on clock.

Comment

Originally posted by nellynell View Post
            This was its 1st service mate just hit 13k on clock.
            ok so when was it 1st registered?

Comment

ok so when was it 1st registered?
              around 7th september 2008 its on a 58 plate

Comment

get it service again quick.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                  get it service again quick.
                  i can do that?even though its a month over its 1st service?

Comment

Get it to nearest VX dealer get them to service it & do the warranty work at the same time... it might cost you another £140'ish quid but at least you'll still have your warranty....

You are allowed a month or so after the due service date.

Comment

yes mate should be fine as the milage is good take it to vaxhall tho.

Comment

yes mate should be fine as the milage is good take it to vaxhall tho.
                        ahh ok cool il get it booked in for next week hopefully.

thanx for that.

Comment

Give than a ring tomorrow and play dum.

Comment

Give than a ring tomorrow and play dum.
                            lol will do. If i had got it stamped from the guy who did my service would my warranty still have been intact or would it have still been voided?

Comment

As long as he used vauxhall part it would be ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X