This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swirl marked new car

bought the opel burg saturday the 19th of september detailed it on saturday the 26th and found quite a few swirls marks on it phoned around and the cheapest i can find to do remove them is £220 but thought why should i be paying this when it is a brand new car a workmate said he would ring the garage straight away so i did and the manager was out but is going to phone me tommorow do you think they should pay to get these corrected
    sigpic
    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

depends on dealers as they could say it was perfect when you bought it .
    this sounds a bit sad but try and take a video of them cleaning cars and make notes of there cleaning method ( 1 bucket , 1 yellow sponge and mucky water ) thats your proof as this cleaning method that most garages use is 100% guaranteed to cause swirls ,

good luck and give em hell

Comment

Originally posted by scottg2540 View Post
      bought the opel burg saturday the 19th of september detailed it on saturday the 26th and found quite a few swirls marks on it phoned around and the cheapest i can find to do remove them is £220 but thought why should i be paying this when it is a brand new car a workmate said he would ring the garage straight away so i did and the manager was out but is going to phone me tommorow do you think they should pay to get these corrected
      Yes i think they should and possibly will get them taken out for you.

Its a bodyshop job really as the valetters at autovision are **** and the managers in there will tell you that!

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
        Yes i think they should and possibly will get them taken out for you.

Its a bodyshop job really as the valetters at autovision are **** and the managers in there will tell you that!
        the car was filthy when i picked it up so couldnt really see them but wasnt sunny anyway he going to ring tommorow but dont see why i should pay to have them removed in all honesty my arden i traded in had less than a quater of them on and it is a year and a half old
        sigpic
        ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

the car was filthy when i picked it up so couldnt really see them but wasnt sunny anyway he going to ring tommorow but dont see why i should pay to have them removed in all honesty my arden i traded in had less than a quater of them on and it is a year and a half old
          Stay on the case with them, there a good bunch but the boss is always very busy and sometime hard to get in...

Im going in there about paint work on my astra tomorrow as well. I was in a year ago and never got a chance to go back and see them to have it booked in for inspection.

Comment

not trying to pull a fast one but was qutie dissapointed when i spent 6 hours cleaning it to end up looking like it has masses of cow webs all over it cant see them in the pictures but up close there are loads even the rear lights and wing mirrors are swirled
            sigpic

Comment

not trying to pull a fast one but was qutie dissapointed when i spent 6 hours cleaning it to end up looking like it has masses of cow webs all over it cant see them in the pictures but up close there are loads even the rear lights and wing mirrors are swirled
              TBH your car has probibly spent the best part of a year in a compound in ireland so its going to pick up these marks, ive seen it on cars before and your right to want it fixed man.

Comment

cheers hopefully they sort it out when the manager rings me today
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X