X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd noise...HELP!!

Hey guys.

every time im driving theres a slight squeeqing noise as if the brake pads are slightly catching disk.

When i turn it gets louder and when i brake it really squeeks badly until i stop.

im guessing its somthing to do with brakes but not to sure.

???

Originally posted by Dannyboi View Post
    Hey guys.

every time im driving theres a slight squeeqing noise as if the brake pads are slightly catching disk.

When i turn it gets louder and when i brake it really squeeks badly until i stop.

???
    not sure danny

but on another note,if i had of known you were for putting a chelsea badge in your sig i wouldnt of sent you the link
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
      not sure danny

but on another note,if i had of known you were for putting a chelsea badge in your sig i wouldnt of sent you the link
      haha. dont start spamming till i get my answer.... there the rules remember! lol

Comment

haha. dont start spamming till i get my answer.... there the rules remember! lol
        sigpic

Comment

normally i think when it is squealing it is either trapped brake dust or warped discs
          sigpic
          ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

i had a annoying noise coming from front it sounded like i had a bag of bottles in the boot..lol anyway it was the front plate rubbin against the disc lever it out a little and cured
            ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

might give that a go.

Comment

are you on standard discs??? or upgrade??? if drilled /grooved just check and make sure that they are not on the wrong side....eg; left on the right.
                sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

Would say brakes, get them checked, noise changing when cornering could however indicate wheel bearing, hard to say without hearing the noise

Comment

Hey guys.

???
                    Its the disc backing plates, horse it up on a jack and push them away from the disc at the back with a screw driver or file, need to make it 5mm or more.

Its the heat shrinking the plate and it ends up touching the disc when it cools down mate.

I had it and its a mare...
                    Last edited by moosh; 2 October 2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Does it come form the passenger side

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                        Its the disc backing plates, horse it up on a jack and push them away from the disc at the back with a screw driver or file, need to make it 5mm or more.

Its the heat shrinking the plate and it ends up touching the disc when it cools down mate.

will give it ago mate cheers!

Comment

Or just copper grease the pads worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post

What he said is correct, mine did it and well easy to fix.

Comment

Working...
                            X