This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diallema

Right, situation is seeing as the marked for used VXR's is quite good an the car has had its first service etc, i was thinking of selling my burg and buying either an RS or a scooby RB320. Now it would take me a few months to get all the money saved to pay for one of them outright BUT im also looking at getting my first house, now been looking for ages and nothing has come up, made an offer on one but he just wont budge on the price so still looking, now the money i spend on another car would ideally be used for furniture, bills etc. so the house would have to be put back say 4-5 months. im 21 some are saying go for it u only live once (parents) and others are saying save the money and keep yours (brother lol)

Opinions please

I would keep it for another year just to make sure there's no under lying problems with the rs like their is with the corsa, as for the house no need to rush into that. Stay at home and reap the benefits of not payin massive bills

Comment

If I was 21 again (which was rather a long time ago), I would buy a nice house & furnish it to my tastes (and the other halves) keep the Burg for the next two years, as theres nowt wrong with yours & then change the car for a Zaffie, because you will have kids by then (just ask Keely)
      sigpic
      Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
      Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
      BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
      'Clique' # 1

Comment

Do what ever makes you happy mate, yeah its alot of money for the cars but then again so is a house, you have loads of time to buy a house and settle down ect,

And at the end of the day you wouldnt wanna look back on life and think dame i wish id tried that.

Lifes for the now, Enjoy - listen to no one but urself. Infact dont listen to me either why am i even typing lol

Do what you like.

Love the clique

Comment

Originally posted by burgerken374 View Post
          If I was 21 again (which was rather a long time ago), I would buy a nice house & furnish it to my tastes (and the other halves) keep the Burg for the next two years, as theres nowt wrong with yours & then change the car for a Zaffie, because you will have kids by then (just ask Keely)
          a very sensible response there ken, not sure on the kids bit though

Comment

keep the burg mate
            sigpic
            ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

wait a while to get a house, my best mate had it sweet at home, paid some rent, had sky plus, laundry done,good job, nice car, had fun at weekends and during the week like most 21yr olds do.

i turned 22 other day, in no hurry to move out, am a student, love my car too much to sell to move, but i always said to my mate WAIT and live a bit, travel, get a vxr (she loves them) etc etc.

soooo, she went bought a flat. and she is constantly broke now and crippled by bills etc. she's had to give up smoking as she cant afford it, she doesn't go out on weekends coz she cant afford it.

and she's not that happy i don't think.

my advice is wait, your young!

Comment

house is the way forward imo.. specially a nice furnished house with the top gucci gadgets
                sigpic

Comment

Stuff getting a house! Youll have to do your own washing,cook your own dinner as it wont be ready for you when you get in!! your own house cleaning!! Walk your own dog!! make your own bed! And buy your own shampoo and toilet roll and soap etc... Id rather buy a good car first you only live once, and living aint working all week to have a rubbish car and pay over priced gas bills!
                  Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

Selling for what gain, the cars mentioned would have higher running costs surely ??

Buying a house - forget it, unless you want to buy a "home" for yourself and your partner to raise a family. Wait until the market starts to recover - which in alot of ppl's estimations is a long way off yet !
                    sigpic

Comment

hmm mixed opinions then lol

Comment

Listen to the people (the Oldies) on here that have been there & done that, then make your own mind up, with the help of Keely. I didn't buy my first house untill my mid 30's & it was hard, it always is for the first five years, I had my kids early when I was 19, 20 & 26 years of age, but could not afford to buy a house then. The 20 year olds on here will tell you to leave it till later & enjoy life now, but in my oppinion you should sort your future out first, I know I wished I had brought my house as a 21 year old for I would not still be paying for my mortage untill I am 61. Just my experience of life as I see it

Ken
                        sigpic
                        Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
                        Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
                        BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
                        'Clique' # 1

Comment

have you priced insurance for either vehicle? RS will be slightly cheaper than the RB,but at 21 years of age its not going to be cheap,get your house mate,you cant live in a car
                          sigpic

See No Evo, Hear No Evo, Fear No Evo! 508bhp,540lb/ft

Comment

yeah, burg works out 1k, RS 1.2k and RB320 2k so not toooooo bad.

Comment

Originally posted by burgerken374 View Post
                              Listen to the people (the Oldies) on here that have been there & done that, then make your own mind up, with the help of Keely. I didn't buy my first house untill my mid 30's & it was hard, it always is for the first five years, I had my kids early when I was 19, 20 & 26 years of age, but could not afford to buy a house then. The 20 year olds on here will tell you to leave it till later & enjoy life now, but in my oppinion you should sort your future out first, I know I wished I had brought my house as a 21 year old for I would not still be paying for my mortage untill I am 61. Just my experience of life as I see it

Ken
                              Unfortunately an an oldie you speak off, but technically although I brought my 1st property at 19 and had no life for years due to affording to live and raise a family - I say the exact opposite of you, unless that is, their very intention is to purchase a "home" ( as opposed to a house ) to start a family.

Buying your own property nowadays is not what is use to be ie. Its not an easy way of making money any longer and in uncertain times you just dont know what is going to happen.

Sit tight until next Spring and review the situation then, which by the way is the best time to buy anyway IMO
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X