This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra feels if its holding back!

My Astra in normal mode seems to be holding back & feels very flat when going up the revs.(Hope this makes sense?)

Phoned Triple 8 who mapped my car and they advised to adjust the turbo actuator up a couple of threds as this would give more boost & cure the problem!
    My local dealer has moved the nuts up two threds & the car is even worse!
    My dealer is advising fitting a dump valve to cure the problem.

Anyone advise wither it will be better to adjust the actuator down by the standard setting? As i really dont want to do another 650 round trip to Oxford.

Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

why would a dump valve cure the car holding back?

does it go in to limp mode?

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
      why would a dump valve cure the car holding back?

does it go in to limp mode?
      I dont know mate ithink the dealer just wants some cash out of me!

No trouble codes, no warning lights, doesnt go into limp mode

Comment

My zaf feels the same? It maybe with the button on it's so aggressive that it feels like it's holding back?

Comment

so no limp mode?

try ringing courts or whoevers near to you. expert advise.

maybe someone can tech2 it near you for fault codes??

Comment

mine is the same mate its booked back in at CS end of month drops the boost back to 15psi nurmaly peaks and runs comfortable at 25psi but just lately started they think the ecu has learnt somthing new ???
            sigpic
            GREEN HELL CLUB TEAM MECHANICS
            MAY 2010 9min 15sec with video
            JUNE 2011 8min 37sec with video
            SEPT 2011 8min 1?sec

Comment

Had tech 2 on the car this morning no trouble codes at all.
              I also had a go in the dealers vxr astra demo car that is standard and this ran nice and smooth

Comment

So the cars mapped, does it drive like you have said above only when the sports button is off? whats it like when the sports button is on? When most maps are put on the car they have an economy mode which is set for when the sports button is off and the ppower is held back but the full power is unleashed when the sports button is on.

Comment

How did they diagnose that problem over the phone? There's no way they can be sure that's the cure for your problem and asking you to adjust it yourself borders on dangerous.

I wouldn't use that dealer anymore either, the dump valve suggestion ranks in the top 5 silly suggestions for vxrs. There's nothing that can go wrong with your car that would require a dump valve to fix. The best part of that is that after you fit it following their advice, they would refuse you warranty work on your turbo and blame the dump valve!

I would locate your nearest respectable tuner and let them have a look at it for you.

Comment

Not got a vacuum hose off have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      So the cars mapped, does it drive like you have said above only when the sports button is off? whats it like when the sports button is on? When most maps are put on the car they have an economy mode which is set for when the sports button is off and the ppower is held back but the full power is unleashed when the sports button is on.
                      yes mate only when the sport button is off. The car drives fine when sport mode on no delays in power no stutters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                        How did they diagnose that problem over the phone? There's no way they can be sure that's the cure for your problem and asking you to adjust it yourself borders on dangerous.

I wouldn't use that dealer anymore either, the dump valve suggestion ranks in the top 5 silly suggestions for vxrs. There's nothing that can go wrong with your car that would require a dump valve to fix. The best part of that is that after you fit it following their advice, they would refuse you warranty work on your turbo and blame the dump valve!

I would locate your nearest respectable tuner and let them have a look at it for you.
                        Thanks for your advice. they got me to get my car checked out at my local vauxhall dealer. Advised the dealer to check all hoses & get the dealer to check the car was boosting over 11psi if not get it up to at least 15psi. They advised by adjusting the actuator up would help solve the problem by giving me more boost1!. The dealer asjusted the actuator as i aint putting a spanner near the engine. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by CrYsB View Post
                          Not got a vacuum hose off have you?
                          No mate all hoses fine according to my local dealer. No error codes on tech 2
                          Car just doesnt feel right when not driving in sport mode. I think as previousley suggest the map runs on an econmey mode when sport is off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post

Scott m8, seriously take this mans advice the dealers sales guys are very good but there service side is very crap.

Oh and if your working tomorrow I'll come down and have a looksie m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Voxer View Post
                              Scott m8, seriously take this mans advice the dealers sales guys are very good but there service side is very crap.

Oh and if your working tomorrow I'll come down and have a looksie m8.
                              i will agree with that neil

Comment

Working...
                              X