Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astravan suspension question...HELP!!!

Hi all,

Yesterday I bought a set of DAP springs from Courteney's, which were meant for the Astra VXR. I have an astravan club (not the sportive) and after the guys at the garage I took it to this morning fitted them, they noticed that I will need shortened rear shocks!!!

Anyway my question that I need answering from someone who defo knows the answer is this...are the sportive shocks shorter than the club on the van?

Thanks in advance
    Mark
    sigpic

Originally posted by Mark View Post
    Hi all,

Yesterday I bought a set of DAP springs from Courteney's, which were meant for the Astra VXR. I have an astravan club (not the sportive) and after the guys at the garage I took it to this morning fitted them, they noticed that I will need shortened rear shocks!!!

Anyway my question that I need answering from someone who defo knows the answer is this...are the sportive shocks shorter than the club on the van?

Thanks in advance
    Mark

ask "huggies" mate, hes done loads to his suspension

Comment

Cheers
      sigpic

Comment

I've got a sportive bud and have the shocks sitting in my shed, could easy measure them for you?

I fitted Bilstein shocks to mine when I fitted the DAP springs...
        sigpic
        Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

as the vxrs shocks are lower than the standard astra i would be almost certain that you will need shorter shocks to measure up with the dap springs..
          Also have you checked your axle weights against the vxrs this might make a massive defference to how the van sits...

you will find that the shocks are nearly fully compressed and will be using the spring to absorb the shocks.. making the ride really solid
          Last edited by br3ttwilson; 4 October 2009, 12:38 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

My set up is stiff but not solid, holds the road very well, as you say the VXR shocks are shorter than the van shocks so the springs ain't gonna be performing as they should.

Lee has Dap springs and VXR shocks and Courtenay told me that this combination works very well.

Dap rated the springs to suit the van for me, mayve your springs are not suited to the van?...
            sigpic
            Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Got this sorted now as bought genuine astra VXR dampers all-round from Courteney! Can't wait to get them on now!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Well done Mark Would be nice to see the slam soon

Comment

Originally posted by Huggies View Post
                  Well done Mark Would be nice to see the slam soon
                  Yeah no worries mate.

Vauxhall deaer price £323
                  Courteney price £215

Courteney really are making a BIG impression on me!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I got a price for them too, very very reasonable, i'll be making a visit to them for my remap sometime next year, the CRD-T box will need to do for now!
                    sigpic
                    Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Working...
                    X