This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk about: Intercoolers.

I'm currently on stage 2 on the 'Burg, after reading around a fair few threads on here and generally other car forums it would appear the Astra with stage 2 is running quite high inlet temps so I'm going to ask your opinion on intercoolers.

I'm running Thorney stage 2 but their intercooler is a tad pricey at £1100, the Forge one is the front runner for me at the moment considering what you get with their intercooler kit for the money.

But maybe John could answer, if I choose to use a different intercooler to what is used on their/your stage 3 am I going to invalidate my warranty with you (Thorney) and will the different flow rates of the Forge compared with the Thorney cooler cause running issues at all?

Cheers
    I have a difference of opinion to you.

id say a phone call will always get you the best answer! im sure a company wont set themselfs up to cover other peoples products but one or two people have managed

sigpic

Comment

i think ideally their cooler will run best with their maps as i know regals do
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Best to stay with TMS mate i know Marc is impressed with his.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
        www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Totally agree, had mine done 3 weeks after Marc and i'm very impressed

Comment

Yeah not sure where I got the idea in my head that the Thorney cooler was £1100, just checked again and it's £831 so only a few quid more than the Forge one.

I'll stick with the Thorney cooler then.

Comment

you'll love it

Comment

£1100 a bit high isnt it, i thought the TMS IC was 700 fitted

Comment

Yeah but are you gonna fit it yourself? 1100 would probably be a fitted price..

There is options on eBay ~400 quid which are more then good enough for stage 3. But I'm sure Regalvxr and dtox will start the my extremities bigger then yours argument again. lol
                  Last edited by Aussie; 5 October 2009, 01:25 PM.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Yeah fit it myself, it's fairly straight forward will get my mate the Vaux technician to help as well.

Comment

Hmm i thought that the IC was 700 fitted, need to go check......

Comment

But I'm sure Regalvxr and dtox will start the my extremities bigger then yours argument again. lol[/quote]

lol have you seen how big and fat the regal cooler is tho mate???
                        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Yes but whats the point of being raped or £1000 for a cooler that is way over spec'd for my needs?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by regalvxr View Post
                            But I'm sure Regalvxr and dtox will start the my extremities bigger then yours argument again. lol
                            lol have you seen how big and fat the regal cooler is tho mate???[/quote]

mate if thats how you think throw up a pic of your missus

sigpic

Comment

plus if you get the Forge cooler you get the larger pipe work and top hat for maximum flow
                              VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                              http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Working...
                              X