This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems. 42011.. HELP

okay as my other thread said i got my new exhaust fitted, now i am having a bit of trouble..... whenever i turn like going around a round about are just sharpe left and right turns it feels as if the wheels are hitting against something and the car jerks and feel like its breaking, plus the steering feels restricted... CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT MY CAUSE THIS...

WHEN DO THE BRAKE AND ACCELARATOR THE CODE 42011 FLASHES A COUPLE OF TIME AND THEN GO BACK TO 00000...

THANK FOR ANY HELP...
    JAMAICA
    VXR

0420 (ignore the 11) is the code for the Efficiency of the CAT and is very common on cars with sports CAT fitted (could even be that you've disturbed the lambda sensor whilst fitting the exhaust)

Astra

Comment

I have this mate, Thorney have replaced the cat and its still there and i've put a new lambda sensor on it but the error code is STILL there so i gave up on it. Seems like when you have it you've got it forever, no one knows how to get rid of it

Comment

i had this an it done the same thing as your saying only it went away an hasnt came back sense
        sigpic

Comment

Same code on mine with a sports cat. Nothing to really worry about as it doesn't put the car into limp mode. You can get your tuner to map the code out so the light doesn't come up or just put up with it like i do.
          sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Toni Evans View Post
            okay as my other thread said i got my new exhaust fitted, now i am having a bit of trouble..... whenever i turn like going around a round about are just sharpe left and right turns it feels as if the wheels are hitting against something and the car jerks and feel like its breaking, plus the steering feels restricted... CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT MY CAUSE THIS...

WHEN DO THE BRAKE AND ACCELARATOR THE CODE 42011 FLASHES A COUPLE OF TIME AND THEN GO BACK TO 00000...

THANK FOR ANY HELP...
            this sounds almost similar to my old astra gsi, can you confirm what level your fuel gauge is at when u were going around these bends

reason i ask is because on my gsi it was a fuel pump problem, everytime it occured was when i had less than quater of a tank in, as u round the bend the fuel moves to one side leaving the pump dry for that split second leaving it suching air through the lines that in turn shuddering the car which would gve you the feeling as if it was braking...
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for all the feed back guys,
              i have booked in for a quick check in a vauxhall garage so hopefully soon i see what can be done....
              as for the braking and cornering problem some say it could because of when the exhaust was fitted they had to lift the car so it could be that the springs had shift a bit, but i am not sure so i am going in to the garge today to see what they think....
              thanks again most apreciated..
              JAMAICA
              VXR

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                I have this mate, Thorney have replaced the cat and its still there and i've put a new lambda sensor on it but the error code is STILL there so i gave up on it. Seems like when you have it you've got it forever, no one knows how to get rid of it
                Which lambda probe was changed, front or rear?

420 can be fixed, just a matter of elimination. You start with checking exhaust fitment and welds for any areas where it might be blowing. Then move onto lambda sensors, following that if the car is mapped then the catalyst efficiency values need to be adjusted within the map to account for the change in fueling.

Comment

Working...
                X