This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.A.R.B Fitted

Fitted my rarb today which i got off VXR Dean. It is very very simple to fit.

I started it on Saturday and got three of the four brackets on in under 15 mins but the fourth nut wouldnt budge, ended up breaking too sockets on it so today i took it to the local garrage who took it off and fitted the last bracket.

Got home lined it up, and on it went in ten minutes.

Took it out for a spin and i was spectical about these and if they actually worked, But i was shocked with the turn in and grip in corners, I was taking corners alot faster than the car would normally handle.

I drive these back country roads alot and knew the limits of the car, But now im learning them all over again much faster.

I went for a few laps on a round about and previously the car run wide and now it sticks two feet from the round about at all times.

The only problem i have with it is, It's squeaking but thats because i never put enough grease on it il rectify that soon enough.

Why VX never fitted these as standard i dont know.

I totally reccomed getting one of these.

And thanks to Vxrdean for sorting me out with it ;-)
    Last edited by earley; 5 October 2009, 06:43 PM. Reason: Bad spelling
    Astra VXR, Power Red with Hints of Gloss Black and the full PPP setup...... NOW GONE
    Mazda 3 MPS Aluminum silver. Standard for now......
    Astra CDTI 200 bhp No smoke No poke!!

If in Doubt Flat Out 'Colin Macrae'

Just wait till it rains mate and you are able to power around corner especially roundabouts which have excessive neg camber without the hint of understeer
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by earley View Post
      Fitted my rarb today which i got off VXR Dean. It is very very simple to fit.

I started it on Saturday and got three of the four brackets on in under 15 mins but the fourth nut wouldnt budge, ended up breaking too sockets on it so today i took it to the local garrage who took it off and fitted the last bracket.

Got home lined itip and on it went in ten minutes.

Took it out for a spin and i was spectical about these and if they actually worked, But i was shocked with the turn in and grip in corners i was takin corners alot faster than i could used too.

I drive these back country roads alot and knew the lints of the car, But now im learning them all over again much faster.

I went for a few laps on a round about and previously the car run wide and now it sticks to the round about

The only problem i have with it is it's squeaking but thats because i never put enough grease on it il rectify that soon enough.

Why VX never fitted these as standard i dont know.

I totally reccomed these.

And thanks to Vxrdean for sorting me out with it ;-)

glad your enjoying it mate!!!
      Defo my next mod i think
      sigpic

Astra Nurburgring Edition #095

Comment

very good mod specially for the cost glad your happy

Comment

Makes me want mine to arrive even more!!!!! Cant wait to get it fitted

Comment

Another satisfied RARB owner

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
              Just wait till it rains mate and you are able to power around corner especially roundabouts which have excessive neg camber without the hint of understeer
              lol.. i was demonstrating this at the weekend ..

Comment

I have two good runs a week over a few miles of country roads and then onto a bypass with two roundabout with a 70mph limit il be trying this out at speed

Good trip back yesterday mate?
                Astra VXR, Power Red with Hints of Gloss Black and the full PPP setup...... NOW GONE

Comment

I have two good runs a week over a few miles of country roads and then onto a bypass with two roundabout with a 70mph limit il be trying this out at speed
                  If pushed you will go into a 4wd drift, which personally I prefer !

Good trip back yesterday mate?
                  Not at all, although it was nice for once to convoy back with six other cars

We waited and waited, chatting within the VXR parking with Geordie, Molly and Co and decide in the end to go home via the M26/M25 va Heathrow which is basically left out of the circuit using the latter part of the old run-in from Bluewater pre-meet route. This proved in the end to be a very good choice although the roads were heavy with traffic there was still road works the M40 / M6 route home - anyway, I dropped my daughter off who as you know came with me this time and I got home at 1am, so it was afull 24hr shift for me but none of us would of missed it for the world - shame we didnt have the result we deserved !!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I want one boo hoo

Comment

If pushed you will go into a 4wd drift, which personally I prefer !

Not at all, although it was nice for once to convoy back with six other cars

We waited and waited, chatting within the VXR parking with Geordie, Molly and Co and decide in the end to go home via the M26/M25 va Heathrow which is basically left out of the circuit using the latter part of the old run-in from Bluewater pre-meet route. This proved in the end to be a very good choice although the roads were heavy with traffic there was still road works the M40 / M6 route home - anyway, I dropped my daughter off who as you know came with me this time and I got home at 1am, so it was afull 24hr shift for me but none of us would of missed it for the world - shame we didnt have the result we deserved !!!!!
                      Thats the route i took mate traffic was very very heavy nut we got there in the end. I got back in arround 12. By the timei got to bed i felt as if id been up for a week. I hope theres more to come next year tho.

Comment

mine should come this week now you want me want it quicker! doh!

Comment

Couldnt agreed with the OP anymore, the rarb is a must, it even transform the bus, no more boat riding, lol.
                          Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Thats the route i took mate traffic was very very heavy nut we got there in the end. I got back in arround 12. By the timei got to bed i felt as if id been up for a week. I hope theres more to come next year tho.
                            what time did you leave then, I think with left well after 7pm
                            sigpic

Comment

what time did you leave then, I think with left well after 7pm
                              I think we pulled out the gate just gone half six. Getting to the gate it self from where i was parked was a long trip in it self haha

Comment

Working...
                              X