This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with garage need help

i have been on the phone to autovision today in inverness bought my opel burg there 2 weeks ago was quite dusty when i picked it up and wasnt sunny so looked ok got it home and only had time to snow foam, wash, clay, prime lime and wax last week when i have done this there are quite a few light swirl marks on it including the lights and wing mirrors manager told me to take it back for him to look at but i live in newcastle so dont think i am going to travel 600 mile round trip so he said take it to a vx dealer and see if it can be done under warranty which i said i dont think it will so he wants me to take it to dealers get them to write a report up and send it to them and he will see what he can do i said so if the report comes back that it does need them removing will you pay he said cant comment till i see the report so i told him i only want to know if he will pay if it needs doing he wont answer the question can anyone help it is going to cost me between £200-£250
    sigpic
    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Longest sentence in history Contender 'A'
    I'd take it to your nearest (decent) dealer and tell them it's unnacceptable and although you appreciate that it wasn't them that gave the car like that to you, it needs to be sorted locally as a 600 mile trip is out of the question for something that should have been spot on when you got it. If they say you should've said at the time just say if it'd been done properly and wasn't full of dust etc for when you picked it up, you would've been able to see all the marks and would've told them there and then.

Oh, and a report doing? IT needs to be sorted by them end of. Paying all that flipping money for a car which isn't perfect - muppets.
    Last edited by Die_hard; 5 October 2009, 07:27 PM.
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

light swirls? all cars come with them! have a search through the vxr8's and you will see some horror stories! get a rag and some srp

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, obviously I meant if it was REALLY bad lol.
        VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Originally posted by scottg2540 View Post
          i have been on the phone to autovision today in inverness bought my opel burg there 2 weeks ago was quite dusty when i picked it up and wasnt sunny so looked ok got it home and only had time to snow foam, wash, clay, prime lime and wax last week when i have done this there are quite a few light swirl marks on it including the lights and wing mirrors manager told me to take it back for him to look at but i live in newcastle so dont think i am going to travel 600 mile round trip so he said take it to a vx dealer and see if it can be done under warranty which i said i dont think it will so he wants me to take it to dealers get them to write a report up and send it to them and he will see what he can do i said so if the report comes back that it does need them removing will you pay he said cant comment till i see the report so i told him i only want to know if he will pay if it needs doing he wont answer the question can anyone help it is going to cost me between £200-£250
          I think thats a fair deal scott?

He doesnt have a clue what you are talking about so he would like a report and verification as to what you fell is wrong with your paint.

Hes not going to say they will pay until the report has been carried out, prtetty standard procedure, it will go to a VX bodyshop and polished id say and then valetted properly.

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
            I think thats a fair deal scott?

He doesnt have a clue what you are talking about so he would like a report and verification as to what you fell is wrong with your paint.

Hes not going to say they will pay until the report has been carried out, prtetty standard procedure, it will go to a VX bodyshop and polished id say and then valetted properly.
            i know what your saying but he was a bit funny on the phone as though i was making it up or something which i dont like
            sigpic
            ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Originally posted by scottg2540 View Post
              i know what your saying but he was a bit funny on the phone as though i was making it up or something which i dont like
              Aye he is like that, its just his manner. Was it Donald Urquart?

Im sure they will sort you out mate but act quick or they could say you did it yourself... He knows the valetter are crap there.

Comment

he said they dont use sponges they use like a grease spray leave it and wash it off but they could have done it when drying or anything
                sigpic

Comment

Think you will struggle,

I had a brand new black Q7 at the start of the year and it was covered,

tried my hardest to get them to cover the costs of detailing but no luck, I paid up in the end

so good luck mate, I hope it all works out for you

Comment

If they are only light, why not just get someone to do a paint correction detail on it? There are people on the forum that can do them real well.

At the end of the day, you should then get the light swirls and an amazing finish?

Comment

methinks you are going to have to cough up mate, you needed to act quicker imo and should have given the car a thorough inspection asap.
                      Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by benji1205 View Post
                        If they are only light, why not just get someone to do a paint correction detail on it? There are people on the forum that can do them real well.At the end of the day, you should then get the light swirls and an amazing finish?
                        i have asked people on here and they say it is about £200-£250 which i shouldnt have to pay to be honest

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                        me thinks you are going to have to cough up mate, you needed to act quicker imo and should have given the car a thorough inspection asap.
                        i know what you mean but i can only do it when i have time am at work til it is dark so cant really do it till a wekend but still shouldnt have them to be honest for a brand new car
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X