This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear change problems

Went out in my car this morning. At first all was fine and then its started not going in to 3rd gear from 2nd. I'd be driving along in 2nd and then go to change up and it would come out of 2nd but wouldnt go in 3rd, 4th and wouldn't go across to go into 5th or 6th????

Its always felt fine before. It is also fine when stationary. Just got in it to come home from work now and its stopped doing it but doesnt feel right (maybe in my head)

Anyone had similar problems?

May just be gearlinkage needs adjusting, assuming you can adjust the astra one?, i fiddled with my linkage on an old gti mk4 and moved all the gears over by mistake! 5th was where 1st used to be!

Comment

aw vauxhalls are shocking for linkage you think they would of knew from all the problems with the corsa c's mine and 5 of my pals all broke on our corsa's
      black Astra VXR 08 plate 1500miles may 09
      19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

Comment

if its only in motion could it be thr syncro?
        sigpic
        Originally posted by soosie
        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
        Originally posted by soosie
        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

ive had a problem like that but with mine some times coming out of 1st in to 2nd or 2nd in to 3rd it clunks like ive knocked it out of gear with out the clutch and some times feels hard to get it in to gear then some times its ok

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
            if its only in motion could it be thr syncro?
            Its actually doing it stationary i've noticed tonight. I'd say approx 80% of the times I try going up a gear from 2nd it won't budge. I hope its the linkage. Really don't want to have major work like new gearbox done.

Comment

I replaced my van gear knob with a VXR one last weekend at thought it'd be a 5 minute job...

Well it would have been if the rods had just popped back in where they came out the old one.

The problem I had was reverse could be selected without lifting up the button and would only go into 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. 5th and 6th just weren't able to be selected!

Anyway played around with the rods again and all working fine, so going by what you say graeme it looks like just a bit of adjustment required, maybe even a ball joint at the stick popped off?

At first I was a bit worried but once you sus it out it's easy.

Hope this helps you.
              sigpic
              Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Not had that problem, apart from sometimes it pops out of 1st gear :S

Hope you get it sorted soon m8

Comment

Its going to vauxhall first thing 2mora. Got the day off work to get it sorted. Hopefully will be a simple fix.

Comment

Working...
                  X