This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra vxr cruise control

Hi, new to the site and have just baught a 59 plate vxr astra, love it to bits but could do with a bit of advice.
    i have read that cruise control can be fitted easily, yet when i spoke to my dealer he says that you can no longer do it to the later models as vauxhall have cottened on and made it harder to do. its no longer a matter of fitting the switch and running tech 2 to set it up as before, they say they have tried a few and cant. my concern is this, are they just been difficult or has anyone done this rescently or no anymore about this.
    sorry for the long thread, got carried away,
    thanks all. andy

Just had it fitted to my 09 plate no probs

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15171
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

well ive whitness one that wouldnt activate and the fella doing it had also seen one! not sure why it wouldnt though

sigpic

Comment

where you from?

If you are any where near newcastle area there is a fitting cruise control meet going on this sunday...

60 quid fully fitted and operational
          sigpic

Comment

wish you were a bit closer, thanks anyway
            andy

Comment

sorry, im in rhyl, north wales,, temped thou; lol

Comment

just got a reply from the local dealer, they say there is no gaurantee it will work but will be £110 labour + vat, they say it takes over an hour to do,, think im being done, especially since they say they arnt sure it will work and will cost me the same either way... im in the wrong job...

Comment

its alot for all thats needed andy! attend one of the meets and im sure someone will be able to do it for ya

sigpic

Comment

ill keep an eye out see if there is a meet more local,

thanks

Comment

go down to your local vauxhall and go round and speak to 1 of the mechanics and see if he will do in on his lunch or if he has a tech 2 at home, i dont this at linwood vauxhall and the guy done it as a homer for me for £30 although i already had the indicator stalk off ebay that i got for £29
                      Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Find another dealer, just phone about most will try take you for a ride. It takes no more then 5 mins to tech 2 and no more then 5 mins fit stalk.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                        X