This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting springs guide?

is there any how to's for fitting springs to the VXR? I've got a slight idea but not 100%

dont think there is bud, but if you are close to cramlington there is a gargae there called AF tyres and exhaust, they fitted mine for 60 quid all in..
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah i'm close to cramlington but got no money to get springs fitted just yet lol. Very good price though

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
        is there any how to's for fitting springs to the VXR? I've got a slight idea but not 100%
        not the type of thing you wana be doing unless your handy with cars, need a spring clamp for a start. to contract the spring toget it off the shock.

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
          not the type of thing you wana be doing unless your handy with cars, need a spring clamp for a start. to contract the spring toget it off the shock.
          i agree there mate, its not to be messed with unless you no what you are doing,
          sigpic

Comment

Got spring compressors and the tools needed. Me and my mate started it yesterday but something came up so we had to put strut, wheel etc back on. All he seemed to do was take the wheel off, unbolt a few bits, unclip some sensors or whatever they are, and then drop the strut out. took 5 mins for the front right

Comment

Got spring compressors and the tools needed. Me and my mate started it yesterday but something came up so we had to put strut, wheel etc back on. All he seemed to do was take the wheel off, unbolt a few bits, unclip some sensors or whatever they are, and then drop the strut out. took 5 mins for the front right
              dont take to long to do if you know what you doind well you got right tools for a start, if your handy with cars you be ok, seems like you started doing the right thing,

and sensors? you got IDS+? says on dash when open door. be carfull mess them up can cost you abit

Comment

Thats the easy bit as far as the front is concerned. If your using little springs clamps which you will be doing if your working on your drive, then getting the new spring on to the shock can be a right pain. But once you have that done its staright forward.

The rears are very easy though.

Comment

No don't have ids mate. When he put the strut back in it was a bit weird but it did seem a bit tricky so he got a long pole and wedged it behind something and then started to push down so the strut and the thing that holds it in place came together, i don't know what he was doing really but he put it back together in minutes

Comment

No don't have ids mate. When he put the strut back in it was a bit weird but it did seem a bit tricky so he got a long pole and wedged it behind something and then started to push down so the strut and the thing that holds it in place came together, i don't know what he was doing really but he put it back together in minutes
                    Yeah it can be a bit fiddly getting the anti roll bar mount back in and getting the plastic clips that hold it in the engine bay back on. Your mate sounds like he knows what hes doing so sure you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
                      Yeah it can be a bit fiddly getting the anti roll bar mount back in and getting the plastic clips that hold it in the engine bay back on. Your mate sounds like he knows what hes doing so sure you will be fine.
                      just about to say that, yeah your mate seems to know what hes doing. just dont go mad at it once all done just in case, id give it few miles and bends.

Comment

few miles and bends before booting the car round a bend?

Comment

few miles and bends before booting the car round a bend?
                          yeah dont want a shock to fall off when going round a corner just in case not fitted right, safty first lol

Comment

Do you have to take it easy for a while untill the springs wear in? they are second hand but by the looks of it the owner before me never took the standard VXR springs off before. Also, are the sportlines better for comfort in any way or just plain annoying all the time?

Comment

Do you have to take it easy for a while untill the springs wear in? they are second hand but by the looks of it the owner before me never took the standard VXR springs off before. Also, are the sportlines better for comfort in any way or just plain annoying all the time?
                              sportlines heard can be quite hard but people are happy with them il be getting the pros soon then rarb.
                              no dont have to wear them in just me personally id take it steady just so know there all secure etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X