This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR manifold recall

Are all you guys aware of the manifold recall ? i would think most of you already know but for those who don't if you haven't had a letter from yr local dealer it might be worth popping down and asking them if your car is one of them that needs the studs changing.

yeah alot of us have had this done spike,i think it was a batch of 08 models,but could be usefull to 2nd hand owners
    sigpic

Comment

I only just found out when my sisters bf took his in for something else and they mentioned it to him. I went down with mine more than 3 weeks ago now and they still havent got the parts in for me to do the work, im sick of hearing their hold music lol

Comment

some 57, 08 and some 58 models are affected. there is a copy of the job sheet with the affected VIN numbers on here somewhere.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by faye View Post
          I only just found out when my sisters bf took his in for something else and they mentioned it to him. I went down with mine more than 3 weeks ago now and they still havent got the parts in for me to do the work, im sick of hearing their hold music lol
          mate its 10 ****ing bolts! lol my dealer got them in same day lol.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
            mate its 10 ****ing bolts! lol my dealer got them in same day lol.

Tell me about it! I have a leak on my turbo return pipe so Im also waiting for that, on 'back order' apparently

Comment

dealer that i use gets these parts the next day , i`ve had the manifold bolts done and oil return pipe under warranty . i can`t believe how long it takes some dealers to get these parts ,

Comment

I brought ours into work today for something else to be done and they did mine there and then but i do know they have had loads on back order as its not only the vxr's its all the astra's with a turbo if i'm right ?

Comment

not everyone has had the recal letter as vauxhall said just to do them when in for next service , this is ok for those that get service done at vauxhall dealers but those that don`t need to call into vauxhall dealers to get them checked , better safe than sorry

Comment

just rang my dealer and previous owner got it done

Comment

Originally posted by glennb85 View Post
                      just rang my dealer and previous owner got it done
                      think they put a blob of paint under the manifold just to show they`ve been replaced

Comment

so is it deffo only 57 plate onwards?
                        Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...light=manifold

have a look at post 16 on above link

Comment

Well it was worth putting up a post then even if one person saves themself having a huge bill due to the manifold coming off hey

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeVXR View Post
                              Well it was worth putting up a post then even if one person saves themself having a huge bill due to the manifold coming off hey

Comment

Working...
                              X