This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any 1 idea about losing fuel

the past month iv went through so much more fuel than normal only got around 240 miles to the last tank i looked at my av mpg and it was 20.1 im usuall 27-29

now i kow its a burg but it has just been normal driving calm with the odd but normal foot down even since my last tank im trying to get the av mpg up but its staying around 20-21? and usually after a full tank the needle moves around 55 miles but its went down at 40?

STRANGE BUT TRUE

Nothing to do with the price increase in fuel, getting less for your money.

Comment

Your right foot might know the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
        Nothing to do with the price increase in fuel, getting less for your money.
        nah i coz i fill it rite up till thr pump stops

Comment

Hi mate go round and check all your brakes first incase you have a dragging caliper or partially stuck pad, mpg gauges are great for doing basic diagnostic work on things like brakes, if they are ok you may have a maf or oxy sensor on the way out

Comment

Assuming you have checked your drive and under the bonnet for leaks and your driving style hasnt changed and you've adjusted for prices increases and used a different garage/pump - have you contemplated that its been stolen ??
            sigpic

Comment

How is your instant MPG looking at different driving styles?

Also have you reset your average recently?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                How is your instant MPG looking at different driving styles?

Also have you reset your average recently?
                instant sits at 0.2 when idle and seems ok?

yeah re set my average last week

Comment

Whats your instant when your driving on motorway etc?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Not been having heaters on lately as its been getting colder? Been filling up at different time to normal? Change fuel you normally use? Due a service?

Comment

Are you doing short trips to work and back etc or is it longer runs generally?

Ive noticed last few mornings its taken a little while longer for the car to get warm thus working harder on start up- could it be this?

Comment

Originally posted by Keeno View Post
                        Not been having heaters on lately as its been getting colder? Been filling up at different time to normal? Change fuel you normally use? Due a service?
                        yeah heaters have been going on and the seats the odd time always fill tank then when at quater refill always the same garage and v power

can this have suth a big effect?

Originally posted by Shane_Eddie View Post
                        Are you doing short trips to work and back etc or is it longer runs generally?

Ive noticed last few mornings its taken a little while longer for the car to get warm thus working harder on start up- could it be this?
                        iv been dropping the bird off at the bus station in the mornings 1 mile round trip which i was not doing b4 and work is a short trip away no motorway or dual carrigway

i think iv just realised that this combination is taking its toll!!!

i never understood people who sell there vxr,s cos they were 2 exspensive to run but now i see!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shell and stu View Post
                          yeah heaters have been going on and the seats the odd time always fill tank then when at quater refill always the same garage and v power

can this have suth a big effect?

iv been dropping the bird off at the bus station in the mornings 1 mile round trip which i was not doing b4 and work is a short trip away no motorway or dual carrigway

i think iv just realised that this combination is taking its toll!!!

i never understood people who sell there vxr,s cos they were 2 exspensive to run but now i see!!!!!
                          Yeah its all very well if your doing long trips as the Astra will happily give you 30mpg on the motorway but when your ducking and diving through traffic its going to be right down, especially if your going out early mornings when its colder, your going to be getting 17/18 mpg at best!!!

But still worth every penny im sure you will agree!

Comment

Working...
                          X