X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluefin Mapping

Hey guys.

I had a TMS stage 3 map which was loaded by TMS themselves and I got a bluefin at the same time. Recently I went to Courtenays as I've heard nothing but good things about them and they remapped the car for me squeezing ot a bit more torque though the BHP was lower than my original TMS map (when I first got mapped a year and a half ago I reached 278bhp but when I went to Courtenays it had dropped to 260, they got it back up to 274).

Anyways, my question is, now that I have a Courts map, if I use my bluefin to load a TMS/Superchips map again, I'm assuming the Courts map stores on the bluefin as if its a standard map and then when removing the TMS/Superchips map the Courts map goes back on? I'd like to try some different maps but don't want to risk losing my Courts map as I like the torque figure and want to be able to go back to it if I don't like any of the current TMS maps.

the map you have from courtenays is a live map(generic to start with then tweaked to suit the carc as close to live as you get),the blufin is a generic map unless tms tweaked this at mk
    Last edited by tin545; 8 October 2009, 12:24 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

you only got 260 bhp with stage 3 what other mods you got did you get loads of torque tho.
      i got 286 bhp and 349 torque with stage 2 ithought it was 300+bhp with stage 3

Comment

hmm not sure how it will work mate! wouldnt do it myself untill i had a definate answer

sigpic

Comment

I realise they are different but I do still have my live map from TMS which I would like to try again as I'm sure the car felt more powerful after I first got it mapped. The Courts map feels like it holds back. Yeah, they are different things but I still want to give them a try and see what I prefer at the moment.

CJ, initially in Feb of 2008 I had 278bhp and 310lbs of torque. When I went to Courts a month or so ago it was showing 261bhp and still 310lbs of torque. Courts have mapped it up to 274bhp with 326lbs of torque.

I have the milltek exhaust system (the original one), the pace lower front mounted intercooler, 1.9 airbox conversion, uprated actuator, limited slip diff, rear anti roll bar and the AP 4 pot brakes. And yeah, it breaks my heart every time I see someone on here boasting about their 285+ figures on a stage 2 and how stage 3 should typically be 295-300bhp

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
            the map you have from courtenays is a live map,the blufin is a generic map.i wouldnt settle for 2nd best would youdifferent gravy dude
            A think you will find the courts map is a generic map they just tweak it to suit the car...same as TMS would do......
            sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
            Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
            Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

gary, people say the ecu only holds 1 map so I'm assuming that the bluefin doesn't know any better and assumes that as long as the map has no bluefin signature that its a regular map and stores it as such ready to go back on when you uninstall bluefin. Like you say though, don't want to risk it without knowing! Was just a bit uncertain about phoning TMS to ask, they have been good and I didn't want them thinking I had issue with them etc. I just thoguht I would try a different tuner to see what else was out there.

Comment

dont take rolling road figures as gospel.if you had a map put on with a blufin its not a live map its the same map all the blufin owners get.i very much doubt that the map you have now would transfer onto the blufin.so the map you first had was down on power but then cs got it back up,isnt that a good thing most figures are only pub talk dude
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rams View Post
                  A think you will find the courts map is a generic map they just tweak it to suit the car...same as TMS would do......
                  Yeah, it was a generic map that they kept posting back to that Stefan guy to work on. i could hear John on the phone going "we can get more torque out of this, add a bit of this here" etc

Comment

Originally posted by rams View Post
                    im not the most educated in the tuning department so to me any map thats not put o with a blufin,idf,ds i would call liveits tweaked to suit the car so every map could be different thats good enough for me to call livetms cant do that unless you go to them so most blufin owners have the identical map therefore generic
                    sigpic

Comment

dont take rolling road figures as gospel.if you had a map put on with a blufin its not a live map its the same map all the blufin owners get.i very much doubt that the map you have now would transfer onto the blufin.so the map you first had was down on power but then cs got it back up,isnt that a good thing most figures are only pub talk dude
                      Its not the figures I'm looking for. Like I say, I feel like the TMS map had more poke. Thats why I want to try the fresh, original one again to see if thats the case. Leaving Courts, although I could see the power was better between the two graphs and hearing them work on it until 6.30pm doing all they could to improve it, the car just didn't feel like it had the same kick and I was a bit disappointed.

Comment

Like I said, my original map was loaded and tweaked by TMS themselves in MK. They gave me a bluefin and a copy of that map which I still have

im not the most educated in the tuning department so to me any map thats not put o with a blufin,idf,ds i would call liveits tweaked to suit the car so every map could be different thats good enough for me to call livetms cant do that unless you go to them so most blufin owners have the identical map therefore generic

Comment

the generic map is used as a base and is adjusted accordingly! courts rollers are very realistic so unless the figures came from the same rolling road i wouldnt worry! the only ones you can compair are the before and after at courts! do you have the before and after to post up mate?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Toot;891742]Its not the figures I'm looking for. Like I say, I feel like the TMS map had more poke. Thats why I want to try the fresh, original one again to see if thats the case. Leaving Courts, although I could see the power was better between the two graphs and hearing them work on it until 6.30pm doing all they could to improve it, the car just didn't feel like it had the same kick and I was a bit disappointed.[/QUOTE

yeah i know what saying dude,it does seem a bit strange as you have before an after figures an is showing an increase in power an torque,its maybe more the delivery of the power that is different
                            Last edited by tin545; 8 October 2009, 12:18 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toot View Post
                              Its not the figures I'm looking for. Like I say, I feel like the TMS map had more poke. Thats why I want to try the fresh, original one again to see if thats the case. Leaving Courts, although I could see the power was better between the two graphs and hearing them work on it until 6.30pm doing all they could to improve it, the car just didn't feel like it had the same kick and I was a bit disappointed.

yes there is a difference though between feel and the way the car will actually accellerate!

i went up against a mapped corsa (i only had an exhaust at the time) a few moons ago at santa pod! because of the agressuve delivery it felt really really quick! totally different to mine!

but the figures were me with a 15,3 @95 and him with 15,2 @96

be nice to see the graphs
                              Last edited by randomgary; 8 October 2009, 12:25 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X