This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap for racing edition

Hi looking for some advice. Looking to get my astra racing edition a remap. Was wondering if anyone knew somewhere good near Aberdeen or should I just go to the likes of TMS or Courtney?

if theres a tms centre near you do that. or get a handheld unit like ipf or bluefin and do it yourself.

failing that fill the car up and have a day trip!!

Comment

Don't have one close that I know off. Looks like it'll
      be a nice long drive for me then!

Comment

Just buy a TMS Bluefin Teri, ..easy PC x
        sigpic
        Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

There is a TMS Performance centre in Aberdeen

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/p...s/scotland.php

Comment

Ooh thanks very much never knew that
            Last edited by Teri; 8 October 2009, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
              There is a TMS Performance centre in Aberdeen

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/p...s/scotland.php
              I believe that Belmont in Aberdeen are not going to be listed as a TMS Performance Centre any longer. Every time I have enquired (with TMS) about them doing work on my car, I've been told that the closest place I could take it would be to the TMS PC (Simon Haugh IIRC) in Dumfries. That's why I chose to buy the TMS Bluefin unit and get my local VX tech to do my performance mods for me.
              Last edited by moeman; 8 October 2009, 02:00 PM.
              sigpic
              Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Oh so I'm best to get in contact with Dumfrie then? Would get a bluefin unit but haven't
                got a clue what to get or how to sort it

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
                  I believe that Belmont in Aberdeen are not going to be listed as a TMS Performance Centre any longer. Every time I have enquired (with TMS) about them doing work on my car, I've been told that the closest place I could take it would be to the TMS PC (Simon Haugh IIRC) in Dumfries. That's why I chose to buy the TMS Bluefin unit and get my local VX tech to do my performance mods for me.
                  Aberdeen were lined up to become a 'performance' centre, and infact did quite a few cars. However in the end the decision was made internally to drop the 'Performance Centre' status, and therefore the TMS modifications - a decision the dealership made and it had nothing to do with the quality of the work carried out by their mechanics.

In regards to getting bluefin, the only advice I ever give anyone is to take the car to a good reliable rolling road centre and get the car checked over. For the most part cars are fine, but it's best to get everything checked out, that if things aren't quite right it can be sorted before any potential problems arise.
                  Last edited by moeman; 8 October 2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X