This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my car troubles.

I havent driven my car since the rr day last sat so I decided to go for an exploration drive tonight. First I disconnected the battery for an hour and checked ECN's there were none, I then went for a drive about to see if the colder air threw up boost sensor problems or if my flat spots disapeared. Now on this drive im probably expecting to feel or hear if something is wrong so I have probably gone all hyper sensitve about noises lol anyway im sure I can hear the turbo spooling more, not a whiney noise just the sound of air rushing coming on boost and at around 5k revs the exhaust seemed to get louder (wastegate opening?) also ocasionaly backing off at 2-3k I would hear a high pitch chirp from the recirc valve. I did a few 3rd and 4th 2k-5k ish foot flat runs they boost builds smoothly and quickly till around 3k then feels torqey till 4k ish then it goes flat and picks up a bit again at 5k but still feels quite flat. Normal driving with sport off the car feels spot on nice and smooth. Is it posible that a slightly blowie joint on my precat(decat) pipe could cause issues? I havent had time to book in with thorney who my sg1 is with as I am very buisy with work but I will when I have time. So what do you guys think of my long post lol any ideas as what could cause some problems?

oh When I got home there were still no ECN's
    Thanks for bearing with me lol

just sounds like a standad vxr to me
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

aye sounds normal mate...

Comment

if the battery is disconnected is there a radio code recuired when reconnecting???

Comment

Originally posted by dan_VXR2006 View Post
          if the battery is disconnected is there a radio code recuired when reconnecting???
          No mate...

Comment

so by disconnecting the battery what does this actually
            do??

Comment

so by disconnecting the battery what does this actually
              do??
              resets the cars learning values mate! if you drive the car economically it will adapt to your stule of driving! when carrying out a mod its bets to reset the learning values so the car can slightly adapt itself to the new mod

sigpic

Comment

you wont find any trouble codes after disconnecting the battery.

whatever the noise at 5k is its not the wastegate opening.

Sounds like you have a flat spot just after 4k, not unknown, seen quite a few mapped astras with this.

Take the map off, drive it around and see how it behaves stock.
                Last edited by Crafty; 11 October 2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

so how long do you disconnect for??

Comment

so how long do you disconnect for??
                    What do you hope the achieve by resetting?

Comment

Working...
                    X