X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how accruate is a

boost gauge???

before when put blufin stage 1 map on was boosting at 20psi over boost.

now done new box, and grill scoop it over boosting at 22psi. and does feel hell off alot quicker.

gonna get my mate to look tonight see what is holding at, was 16psi before. see what it is tonight

Mine is 2 psi out, which is a hell of a lot if your looking for accuracy! Most cheapo ones tend to be like that as far as i'm aware. But you can sometimes drop on. I use a propper calibrated pressure gauge for testing what its running, not the fancy lit up gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbo View Post
      Mine is 2 psi out, which is a hell of a lot if your looking for accuracy! Most cheapo ones tend to be like that as far as i'm aware. But you can sometimes drop on. I use a propper calibrated pressure gauge for testing what its running, not the fancy lit up gauges.
      just dont get how it can go up 2psi does feel faster tho. how where get the calibrated one from? or any other device to tell?

Comment

Your around the Stoke area aren't you?

Comment

Your around the Stoke area aren't you?
          market drayton, about 12mile from newcastle. so what ever distance from there on top.

Comment

I'm the other side, but if your about my way i'll gladly show you. I posted up a list of whats needed a while back for Trist.

Very cheap but very accurate

Comment

I'm the other side, but if your about my way i'll gladly show you. I posted up a list of whats needed a while back for Trist.

Very cheap but very accurate
              ok cheers. what the list then

Comment

Should boost differ depending on what gear your in or how your driving? If i am in sixth at about 80 and floor it i get 26psi overboost and hold 22psi. If i floor it through the gears from third it overboosts to 26psi drops to 22psi holds a few seconds then drops to 14psi at the top of the revs before i change gear. Is this right or should it not be dropping to 14psi?

Comment

Originally posted by colinm2 View Post
                  Should boost differ depending on what gear your in or how your driving? If i am in sixth at about 80 and floor it i get 26psi overboost and hold 22psi. If i floor it through the gears from third it overboosts to 26psi drops to 22psi holds a few seconds then drops to 14psi at the top of the revs before i change gear. Is this right or should it not be dropping to 14psi?

what rpm you changing at as it sounds like your leaving it to late as the boost is dropping off, try changing gear alittle sooner an you will notice the differance in pull. this is due to the turbo on the astra been very small which is why it spools up very quick but on the flip side of the coin it wont hold it for as long. but it also depends how the map is on the car.
                  my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

26PSI Overboost is allot mate, also you have a collins actuator don't you? So it should be holding boost more, rather than dropping to 14PSI.
                    What result did you get at MPG mate? I was too late and missed it

Comment

I usually Change up around 6000 - 6500rpm. It seems to hold 22psi all the way to 6000rpm if i dont floor it and let the revs build up gradually but if i floor it through the revs it dips.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
                        26PSI Overboost is allot mate, also you have a collins actuator don't you? So it should be holding boost more, rather than dropping to 14PSI.
                        What result did you get at MPG mate? I was too late and missed it
                        I got 287bhp at stage 3 which is low. The Boost spike i used to have has gone and the graph was really smooth just down on power. still got 350lb ft of torque.

Comment

intersting reads, like said car was 20psi over boost now 16psi holding

now it 22psi over boost and 17psi holding. and does feel faster not in my head dont think lol.

recently done new air box with KnN and grill scoop. so kinda ram air effect.
                          would theses mods make a diff to the boost? as fought the map on the car determines the boost doesnt it?
                          or you think it just my boost gauge?

Comment

I got 287bhp at stage 3 which is low. The Boost spike i used to have has gone and the graph was really smooth just down on power. still got 350lb ft of torque.
                            That's good, I had some bad luck and went from 295bhp down to 282bhp on stage 3 (well a stage 2 map with ic), but all is being sorted atm

Comment

Mine made 286 at 4500prm then stayed at that bhp to 6500prm. Should it still be rising after 4500rpm or it that the boost tailing off?

Comment

Working...
                              X